Evgeni Malkin and Tyler Motte to hit UFA
Breaking: Sources say Evgeni Malkin has decided to go to the open market on Wednesday. Malkin has never been a free agent before and wants to see what his options are.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) July 11, 2022
Tyler Motte set to hit free agency
Duncan Keith retires
#Oilers defenceman Duncan Keith has announced his retirement.
Thank you, Duncan, for the invaluable veteran leadership you brought to the team during the 2021-22 season & congratulations on an outstanding @NHL career!
— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) July 12, 2022
If you were wondering how this works, long-term backdiving deals were outlawed. So Chicago gets hit with a penalty for the years Keith played at a salary cap hit that was ultimately ($7.4 mil total) under what he was actually paid in cash over time.
— Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli) July 8, 2022
The Flames’ big offer to Gaudreau
My sense is #Flames have put an offer on the table for Johnny Gaudreau – north of $10 mil x 8 years – that would make him not only highest-paid player in Calgary franchise history, but among richest in #NHL.
If Gaudreau walks, it likely won't be because of money.
— Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli) July 12, 2022
The Rangers are linked to Nazem Kadri
Seravalli on Kadri: I think for sure it's an AAV that starts with an 8…I've heard repeatedly that one team that has set Kadri above and beyond on their list is the Rangers.
— Taj (@taj1944) July 12, 2022
“The Islanders nearly snuck in at the draft to grab J.T. Miller from the Canucks, but that deal fell apart on the draft floor and the Isles pivoted to acquiring a top-four defenseman in Alexander Romanov. Miller is still a Canuck, and his contract ask is still likely in that Kadri range or above, though Miller has one year left on his deal. If the Rangers can’t figure out a way to make a Kadri contract work, would they give up significant assets in a Miller trade and wrestle with the same problem a year from now?”AdvertisementAdAdvertisementAd
Edler re-signs in LA
- Why the Canucks were right to not buy out Jason Dickinson’s contract
- 8 non-qualified RFAs the Canucks should take a look at in free agency tomorrow
- Report: Canucks may give teams permission to talk contract extension with J.T. Miller this week
- Report: Canucks are high on pending UFA Ty Ronning’s list, but is there a fit in Vancouver?
- Monday Mailbag: Jonathan Lekkerimäki’s upside, Miller’s contract situation, and what we’re looking for at Canucks development camp
- Further insight into each of the Vancouver Canucks’ 2022 draft picks
- Canucks select centre Daimon Gardner in round four, goaltender Ty Young in round five, and D Jackson Dorrington in round six
- Canucks forward Elias Pettersson reacts to the Canucks selecting Elias Pettersson