The Vancouver Canucks have named Aiden Fox their new head of the team’s analytics department, according to a report by The Province‘s Patrick Johnston.
Fox, 31, has worked in hockey operations for the Canucks since 2016. He became a senior analyst with the team in 2019 while serving under previous analytics head Jonathan Wall.
According to Johnston’s report, Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini dismissed Wall from his position in December 2021.
Canucks general manager Patrik Allvin subsequently promoted Fox, the longest-tenured member of the analytics team.
“I’ve been really impressed with Aiden, who’s the head of analytics team, in how we work and how we communicate with his staff and the information that he provides myself and the scouts here, how they work with the coaching staff as well,” Allvin told Johnston. “They’ve been really impressive.”
Fox, whose previous role with the Canucks involved curating data for the coaching staff to use, now leads a department that includes full-time employees Ryan Biech, Rachel Doerrie, and Miles Hoaken and contract worker Martin Rabanser.
Allvin told Johnston that his staff in Vancouver is much larger than the one he worked with during his tenure as assistant general manager of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Prior to joining the Canucks’ hockey operations unit, Fox worked as a project coordinator in the team’s marketing department from 2011 to 2016.
- Bruce Boudreau’s latest interview showed some differing opinions from Canucks management
- Jim Rutherford on the Canucks’ plans for constructing a winner, needing more “sandpaper”, and more
- Boeser’s deal, trading the 15th overall pick, and more: 7 predictions for the Vancouver Canucks’ offseason
- Why John Tavares’ play in the playoffs should be a warning to the Canucks about extending J.T. Miller long term
- Report: Canucks have “all but agreed to” a contract with SHL rookie of the year Linus Karlsson
- Why the way Boudreau’s negotiations went is a good sign for both management and Bruce moving forward
- Report: Canucks and Brock Boeser’s camp to re-engage in contract extension talks this week
- The Canucks are in a salary cap crunch, so how can it be fixed? Four solutions examined
- Bruce Boudreau speaks on wanting to learn analytics, his coaching staff, and which Canucks impressed him this past season