Report: Trade interest in Vancouver Canucks forward JT Miller no surprise to his camp
Photo credit:© Bob Frid-USA TODAY Sports
By Zach Laing5 months ago
A strong relationship between the Vancouver Canucks and J.T. Miller could be inching towards a close.
Earlier this week, TSN’s Darren Dreger said it was “open season for the Vancouver Canucks,” and that Miller was one of the players garnering a strong market.
And according to Canucks insider Rick Dhaliwal, the news is no surprise to his camp.
With a cap hit of just $5.25-million and a year left on his contract, Miller’s an incredibly valuable asset. He had a breakout with with the Canucks this season scoring career highs in goals (32), assists (67) and points with 99.
Long-term contract talks between the Canucks and Miller are expected to hit snags with term being the main issue. But in the trade market, a player like Miller who could immediately bolster a team’s top-six has immense value.
“I’ve heard [Nazem] Kadri’s name connected to the Capitals, I’ve heard Miller’s name connected to the Capitals,” said Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman during a Tuesday appearance on Donnie and Dhali – The Team.
- Where should Andrey Kuzmenko play in the Vancouver Canucks’ lineup?
- Analyzing 8 free agent defencemen to determine if there’s a good fit for the Canucks
- What the Canucks have in Andrey Kuzmenko: His strengths, weaknesses, and more
- “Strong interest” in Canucks’ Miller and Boeser, Miller linked to Washington Capitals: reports
- Carolina’s Ethan Bear has been given permission to talk
Zach Laing is the Nation Network’s news director and senior columnist. He can be followed on Twitter at @zjlaing, or reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent articles from Zach Laing