You asked, we answered! Blackfish returns to CanucksArmy tomorrow
Photo credit:Nick Barden
11 months ago
My name is David Quadrelli and I’m the managing editor at CanucksArmy and editor-in-chief at The Nation Network.
Last week, we told you through a Vancouver-themed Sopranos intro parody video that Chris Faber was joining us full time and that you could be ready to see (and hear) a lot more from him on CanucksArmy.
With that comes a lot more Canucks Conversation, a lot more prospect coverage, and much more.
One thing we hope to continue to build is the community aspect of CanucksArmy. Towards the end of the season, we held a watch party event alongside our friends at The Broadscast Podcast at The Pint Vancouver to watch a Canucks victory over the Vegas Golden Knights.
We gave away CanucksArmy merch, drank some Nation Beer, ate some nachos, and had a great time.
We hope to do more of those and to continue to get to meet our wonderful readers and talk and watch hockey with you all, but that’s not the only part of building and interacting with our community.
It’s also listening to what readers want, which is why when we held the CanucksArmy Readers’ Choice Awards, we asked in the final question what you wanted to see more of at CanucksArmy.
Three people wrote in votes for Blackfish — the longtime CanucksArmy weekly prospect report — to make a return, and after this comment on a recent article and a quick chat with Faber, we’re thrilled to announce that Blackfish will be returning as a weekly column starting tomorrow June 15th.
Blackfish is our weekly prospect update, where we give you a summary on the stats and much more of all the prospects in the Canucks’ system.
You can expect to get the same wall-to-wall prospect coverage here at CanucksArmy moving forward, and we’re super excited to be bringing this series back.
If you have any suggestions for series/ other things you’d like to see at CanucksArmy, feel free to leave a comment below.
Who knows? We might just turn it into a recurring series!
See you at development camp!
More from CanucksArmy:
- 11 free agents that the Canucks should NOT sign this offseason
- Breaking down the tape on new Canucks prospect Filip Johansson’s game, and why we don’t see the “solid defensive game” Patrik Allvin mentioned
- Canucks forward Jason Dickinson ranked fifth-best potential buyout candidate by Daily Faceoff
- Canucks sign former first round pick and right-shot defenceman Filip Johansson to ELC
- Monday Mailbag: Interesting late-round Canucks draft targets, who’s returning to Abbotsford, and the hardest trait to evaluate when scouting
- KHL free agent Andrei Kuzmenko will be in Vancouver next week for a second meeting with the Canucks
- Using player comparables to project Brock Boeser’s next contract with the Canucks
- Blackhawks have asked Canucks for permission to interview coach Brad Shaw for vacant head coaching position: report
- Report: Canucks “will try to find suitors” for Tanner Pearson and Jason Dickinson
- 3 ways the Canucks can maximize the potential of Nils Höglander in his third NHL season
Recent articles from David Quadrelli