It’s hard to think about hockey when Penny Oleksiak and the rest of Team Canada is out here winning medals (and hearts), but if you want a 5-minute break from all of the excitement, read on. Sven Baertschi is in a dog kennel!
- Speaking of Penny, her brother Jamie is a Dallas Star, and had this to say about his amphibious sister:
Looks like gold to me ?? pic.twitter.com/17cQvfccNK
— Jamie Oleksiak (@jamieoleksiak) August 12, 2016
- The Horvat family visit wrapped up this week with a video that features Bo and his parents discussing his future with the Canucks. Tim Horvat talks about how great the Sedins are, which makes for some extremely relatable content. Then Bo talks about how great the Sedins are, which also makes for some extremely relatable content.
- Here’s a look at what will likely be the Canucks first line next season. Loui’s hair is so fancy.
Tänkbar World Cup-kedja? pic.twitter.com/6n8fadGqDP
— Tomas Ros (@Rosenrasande) August 10, 2016
- Sven Baertschi will be in a dog kennel today. He’s locking himself up to raise money and awareness for the BC SPCA. Sven explains his plan and shares a cute photo of his dog in the video below:
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) August 12, 2016
- Jake Virtanen’s dog, Donny, has a little vest thing and it’s very cute.
Donny Virtanen: Jake Virtanen – Vancouver Canucks pic.twitter.com/Q3zJXYymfp
— NHL dogs (@stanIeypup) August 12, 2016
- John Garrett’s entry into the 1980/81 Canucks Family Cookbook is perfect. He refers to ketchup as “Le Heinz” and doesn’t like restaurants that turn their noses up at it. Also, his daughter says that she has to double her peanut butter macaroon recipe if her dad is home, which is consistent with everything I’ve learned from Sportsnet broadcasts.