Motte, Garland, and more: What to expect from the Vancouver Canucks at today’s Trade Deadline
Photo credit:© Bob Frid-USA TODAY Sports
10 months ago
The Canucks were active yesterday in advance of today’s trade deadline, and they’re not showing any signs of stopping.
As such, we’ve put together a handy guide with everything surrounding your Vancouver Canucks
Here’s what the Canucks are rumoured to do today:
- It doesn’t appear as though Tyler Motte and the Canucks were able to agree on a contract extension, meaning he’s almost a surefire bet to be dealt before the day is over. It’s very possible Motte has played his last game as a Canuck. The Tampa Bay Lightning were interested in Motte, but elected to trade for Nick Paul instead.
- According to the New York Post’s Larry Brooks, the New York Rangers are very much so still keeping an eye on J.T. Miller, but the Canucks have made it clear that they want a king’s ransom in exchange for the versatile forward.
- In an appearance on Sportsnet 650 today, Frank Seravalli said he feels there’s “a really decent chance” that Conor Garland is on the move today. Garland has been linked most heavily to the Los Angeles Kings, but the Boston Bruins and Rangers are two other teams who have been reported to be in on Garland as well.
- In that same appearance, Seravalli said that although teams have called about Brock Boeser, nothing was ever close enough for the Canucks to grant the potential trade partner permission to chat about a contract extension with Boeser.
- Finally, the Canucks remain active in trying to offload more bad money. They hit the jackpot in doing so with the Travis Hamonic trade yesterday, and will continue to try to make similar moves today.
The Canucks are expected to be active today, and Frank Seravalli alongside Pete Blackburn will have you covered with the Daily Faceoff 2022 Trade Deadline show!
You can watch the Daily Faceoff show live on Youtube here:
Failed to load video.
Recent articles from David Quadrelli