Vancouver Canucks to wear ‘Flying Skate’ jersey 15 times in 2023–24 season
Photo credit:Bob Frid-USA TODAY Sports
By Mike Gould1 month ago
The Vancouver Canucks have released the schedule of games in which they will wear their special “Flying Skate” alternate uniform during the 2023–24 regular season.
The Canucks will first wear the black, red, and yellow get-up on Halloween (perhaps it’ll function as their team costume?) when they take on the Nashville Predators at Rogers Arena.
They’ll wear the alternate uniforms 14 more times after that, including for all-Canadian matchups against the Edmonton Oilers (November 6) and Toronto Maple Leafs (January 20).
The Canucks will also wear the “Flying Skate” against California-based Pacific Division rivals the San Jose Sharks (November 20 and December 23), Anaheim Ducks (November 28), and Los Angeles Kings (February 29 and March 25).
In total, the Canucks will wear the jerseys once in October, three times in November, twice in December, thrice in January, twice in February, three times in March, and once in April.
They’ll wear the alternate jersey for the final time in 2023–24 against the Arizona Coyotes on April 10, which will also be their second-last home game of the season.
The Canucks introduced the new version of the “Flying Skate” uniform in 2022–23. The updated jersey features a more modern lettering and numbering font that matches the team’s primary uniforms. The Canucks also changed the striping pattern on the uniform, adding new “V”-shaped accents in the red and yellow stripes on the arms.
Here’s the full list of home games in which the Canucks will wear the “Flying Skate” jersey in 2023–24:
- vs. Nashville Predators (October 31)
- vs. Edmonton Oilers (November 6)
- vs. San Jose Sharks (November 20)
- vs. Anaheim Ducks (November 28)
- vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (December 12)
- vs. San Jose Sharks (December 23)
- vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (January 20)
- vs. Chicago Blackhawks (January 22)
- vs. Columbus Blue Jackets (January 27)
- vs. Detroit Red Wings (February 15)
- vs. Los Angeles Kings (February 29)
- vs. Buffalo Sabres (March 19)
- vs. Los Angeles Kings (March 25)
- vs. Dallas Stars (March 28)
- vs. Arizona Coyotes (April 10)
Recent articles from Mike Gould