An announcement on the NHL’s activation of their second phase of the return to play plan is expected this week, according to a report from The Fourth Period.
The NHL is expected to make an announcement by the end of the week with details on the activation of Phase 2, league sources tell @DennisTFP and I.
— David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod) June 3, 2020
The NHL’s second phase is expected to include the opening of facilities for voluntary groups of players that may not exceed six people. Workouts can be conducted on and off the ice with physical distancing expected at all times.
They are also expected to be wearing surgical or non-surgical face masks at all times other than while exercising.
In late May, the league released details of its return to play plan that included information on:
- Travel to the Club’s Home City
- Testing for Infection and Antibodies
- Temperature/Symptom Check
- Education Session
- Pre-Participation Medical Evaluation
- Symptomatic Persons During Phase 2
- Permitted Activities
- Permitted Personnel
- Social Distancing, PPE, and Other Safety Measures
- Personal Safety Precautions
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Activities Outside of Club Facilities
- Club Facilities
- Club Facility Hygiene
On Twitter: @zjlaing