Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sport Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
The boys discuss the game over the weekend between the Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames.
But first, they start things off breaking down Darnell Nurse’s new two year contract with the Edmonton Oilers.
They then discuss the Popeyes Poll Question: What should the Montreal Canadiens do with Ilya Kovalchuk
- Trade Him
- Sign Him
They chat about the surging Winnipeg Jets, and the play of Patrik Laine and Kyle Connor.
TSN’s Darren Dreger then calls in to talk about what it takes to become an insider, the risk involved for Nurse’s new contract, the goaltending situation for the Toronto Maple Leafs, whether the Canadiens are buyers or sellers, the Battle of Alberta, who will be buyers and sellers at the trade deadline, and his new podcast with Ray Ferraro.
Keep It or Clip It:
- The return of Michael Ferland will make a major difference for the Canucks.
- NHL ’94 is the greatest hockey video game of all time.
- The Jets would be crazy to trade Connor for help on the blueline.
- Tyler Toffoli will end up in Alberta prior to this year’s trade deadline.
- Joaquin Phoenix was better than Heath Ledger as The Joker.
- Tyler Benson will be in the Oilers’ opening night lineup next season.
- If the Leafs don’t trade for a top-4 defenseman they will surely miss the post-season.
- The Oscars are “must watch TV.”
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at 11am PST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!