The Canucks are confusing and sometimes hard to love. This week we bid farewell to an affectionate teen, say hello to a new guy, and watch some Canucks actually win something!
- Let’s start in Russia with gold medal winners Ben Hutton and Chris Tanev –
— Ryan Biech (@ryanbiech) May 22, 2016
- Chris Tanev being good at hockey and helping his team win is boring and expected, but Chris Tanev double-fisting beer? Very fun.
- Tanev also features in Matt Dumba’s chaotic post-game celebration video:
- Ben Hutton didn’t get to play in the gold medal game, but winning gold is a cool experience regardless. In his final blog from the tournament, Hutton talks about his time in Russia and includes some fun celebratory selfies.
- Hutton did not include a selfie of himself and Tanev downing beers, but it totally exists:
- Emerson Etem and Jake Virtanen visted Ronald McDonald house yesterday and coloured some pictures with cute kids.
— Canucks For Kids (@Canucksforkids) May 27, 2016
— RMH BC (@RMHBC) May 26, 2016
- Virtanen also lost a game of dodgeball this week:
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) May 24, 2016
- Also, it appears that Virtanen only retweets people who call him classy, which is amazing. I hope this never changes.
- The Canucks signed a Swedish guy named Tom Nilsson. He tweeted this photo of a seal named Elaine once:
Det här är Pär. Han är säl pic.twitter.com/6CvJyVBXQ2
— Tom Nilsson (@tom4nilsson) February 17, 2014
Själv kan jag inte få mustasch, kul att min bil är med och bidrar iallafall ? pic.twitter.com/zZoyEExITx
— Tom Nilsson (@tom4nilsson) November 12, 2013
- Jared McCann scored some very pretty goals and I will miss watching him play hockey. Jared most notable trait so far in his career is that he absolutely loves goaltenders. He was best friends with Thatcher Demko, so their bromance has to be long-distance now. Meanwhile, Ryan Miller will miss his most affectionate teammate. Hopefully McCann and Luongo will be a beautiful thing.
the miller/mccann love affair continues pic.twitter.com/OYiQVUuQDQ
— katie (@itscasualday) February 24, 2016
- The new guy, Erik Gudbranson, might be the most conventionally attractive Canuck since Taylor “eyes like a glacier” Pyatt. He even made Buzzfeed’s list of “26 Hockey Players Who Are Hot As Puck”.
- Gudbranson also owns a large dog named Ruby.
Happy birthday Ruby, biggest beauty I know! Yes I said biggest… pic.twitter.com/ZG281ApB
— Erik Gudbranson (@Guddy44) November 25, 2012