THE OPENING FACE/OFF
WHERE CAN I FIND THIS GAME?
GAME NOTES, INTERESTING STATS, AND THAT TIME BOESER SCORED ON PRICE
Boeser with time.
Boeser with space.
Price didn't stand a chance. pic.twitter.com/NPL9Z7ecvV
— Vancouver #Canucks (@Canucks) December 20, 2017
- You know it’s early in the season when Tyler Myers has more goals than Elias Pettersson. It’s a story that would dominate sports radio and put the social world into a frenzy. Sadly, they’ve only played four games and things haven’t gone the team’s way. Looking at it another way, what if Tyler Myers went on a tear this season? That’d be good, right?
- Has anyone else noticed the compete level of Adam Gaudette so far? He has been a terror on the ice and it’s surprising he doesn’t have more than one goal. His steal against the Flames in alone should have been a goal but to have the chance to make that play shows he’s ahead of the game. Look for big things out of Gaudette tonight.
- Jake Virtanen put home his first of the season against the Flames so the journey for the elusive #ShotgunJake 20th goal begins once more. Hitting 20 goals in a shortened season is a task, to say the least. He hasn’t been the most noticeable player but then again, that title carries up and down the lineup.
- Special teams have also been a point of discomfort so far this season which bears the real question “Is Loui Eriksson making a comeback?” Sure his best days are behind him like an old Dane Cook album but there are still some classics that we can’t forget. The PK/Empty Net/Little Things specialist might deserve another kick at the can and if that’s not 2021 for you, what is? #Reclamationproject
- For anyone that maybe thought “Hey, I seem to remember the Canadiens being just ok when the Sedins and Luongo played them”, you would be wrong. Very wrong. Carey Price holds a 13-2-0-3 record versus the Canucks with three shutouts. His SV% is impressive and he’s allowing just over two goals a game. His last outright loss was in 2015 when he allowed five goals. That’s a pretty good run.
TWITTER TOLD YOU
Canucks fans honestly have no reason to panic, but we absolutely still should panic, because that's part of the experience
— kwïn hüz /blm/ (@riotsurvivor) January 19, 2021