So, the Canucks are back?
The Lines They Are A-Changing
Doggy Dates, Injuries: The Musical, Demko Deal, and Maybe They Play
- It has been reported that Adam Gaudette and Brock Boeser had a doggy date, was it on the clock app or IG, I’m not sure. Anyway, everyone is talking about close contact with Brock but if Gaudette was pulled from practice the entire team would be a close contact considering they all get ready in the dressing room, or is that still not happening? The Canucks have avoided COVID for this entire run and however it made its way in, they’ve been hit. Hopefully, Adam is OK.
- I (Ryan) love a good word replacement in a song when a topical issue arises and thought, wouldn’t it be funny to have a song called Injuries to the tune of Glycerine by the early Bush X? Nods to J. Bowman and Daniel Wagner, we might be on to something:
Oh maaaaaan that would be gold.
🎵🎶It coulda been easier, JB. You do a trade, then cap space free 🎶🎵
— j.Bowman (@jBowmancouver) March 30, 2021
I almost want to do this now…
— Daniel Wagner (@passittobulis) March 30, 2021
- According to Rick Dhaliwal, the Canucks have reached out to Thatcher Demko’s camp regarding a new contract. They have done the same for Tanner Pearson. It is possible they were just checking if the numbers were still the same. A Demko deal feels like it will get done but is re-signing Tanner Pearson a good idea? Should he not be a top trade chip?
- Based on previous incidents, it just doesn’t feel like the Canucks and Flames are playing a game this evening. The NHL at the very least should be postponing the game to possibly Thursday to allow for a full review. Both teams have the Oilers next which would mean the Flames would be in a back-to-back whereas the Canucks would get a day’s break between games. Who knew solving this would be so easy?
- Alex Edler still hasn’t scored a goal.
PowerGlove™ Player of the Game
- Thatcher Demko stands on his head tonight and is my pick for Glove Guy. He is the only thing that consistently decides if the Canucks are a playoff* team. He has let in five goals in a game and still been a rightful recipient of player of the game. Unreal.
Things I’m Looking Forward To
- This game being played in its entirety
- The new watermelon Nude flavour in my fridge. It tempts me.
- Brock Boeser scoring at least a goal on Jacob Markstrom, crushing his spirit to the point that he regrets ever signing in Calgary and begs to have his contract terminated.
- An Alex Edler goal.