- Daniel Sedin spent all of last season cementing his place as the Edgy Sedin, by starting linebrawls and bleeding a lot. All of Daniel’s antics just made Henrik look that much nicer, which is probably why Henrik Sedin took home the King Clancy trophy at the NHL awards this week! The King Clancy trophy is, according to Wikipedia, “awarded annually to the National Hockey League (NHL) player who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice and who has made a significant humanitarian contribution to his community“. Henrik is all of those things and more! What a nice captain the Canucks have:
Mess tonight when Henrik acknowledged past great Captains of the Canucks by name, but not him. pic.twitter.com/EfmTXtzAal
— Dave (@YLWNucksFan) June 23, 2016
When you realize that your father is basically a saint and you have too much to live up to by carrying his name pic.twitter.com/972LzojAIr
— Gráinne (@wholegrainne) June 23, 2016
- The other Canucks highlight from the NHL awards was Jacob Tremblay, who is amazing in the movie Room – go watch Room! Jacob is a charmer and represented his hometown team very well:
— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) June 22, 2016
- The Canucks have been pushing Jake Virtanen’s community work pretty hard over the past week or two. At one point they posted a tweet of him connecting with kids in the community by fighting them. Too good.
. @Jake_Virtanen has used his off-season to connect with kids in the community.
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) June 17, 2016
- This footage of Jim Benning mic’d up at last year’s draft includes a short exchange between Jim and the freshly-selected Brock Boeser that is probably the most monotone conversation ever recorded.
How’s this for a #TBT?
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) June 24, 2016
- I’ll have more on the fun side of the draft next week, but for now, here is Olli Juolevi as a dog.