Vancouver Canucks unveil limited edition Lunar New Year jersey
By Zach Laing2 years ago
The Vancouver Canucks are showing off a new, limited edition jersey the team will wear on warmups on Feb. 11th, one night ahead of Lunar New Year.
The Canucks worked alongside Chinese designer and Vancouver ex-pat Charlie “Money” Chien at Filter017, and local designer Max Young, to build a design “that honours elements of both Chinese and West Coast hockey culture.”
A bright red jersey, the Canucks logo on the front is in all gold with the colour palette symbolizing luck and fortune.
Here’s more of what the jersey features:
- Year of the Ox chest patch, that incorporates a fan-favourite Johnny Canuck secondary logo
- Year of the Ox shoulder patch, that features an Ox holding the hockey stick from the Stick-in-Rink logo, and includes secondary details of wheat and the Chinese character for Year of the Ox
- Both Ox patches feature a strong, heroic, athletic Ox; with its head looking skyward, and tail pointing down
- Traditional Chinese papercut design motif
- For the first time, the jersey adorns the Canucks primary logo in all gold
For more information, you can visit vanbase.ca.
Zach Laing is the Nation Network’s news director and senior columnist. He can be followed on Twitter at @zjlaing, or reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent articles from Zach Laing