Canucks sign forward Dakota Joshua to two-year deal, defenceman Wyatt Kalynuk for one year
Photo credit:© Stan Szeto-USA TODAY Sports
8 months ago
The Vancouver Canucks have signed Dakota Joshua to a two-year, one-way contract.
Joshua is a 6’3 physical forward with four career fights through 42 career games.
The one-way contract suggests that the Canucks feel Joshua can be a regular contributor to their NHL lineup in a fourth-line role.
Additionally, the club agreed to terms with left-shot defenceman Wyatt Kalynuk on a one-year, two-way deal, adding to their defence depth.
Walynuk, 25, played the majority of last season with the Chicago Blackhawks’ AHL affiliate Rockford IceHogs, recording 27 points in 52 games played.
“Kalynuk’s game is all about creating advantages with his skating — he’s constantly trying to push the pace,” Elite Prospects’ J.D. Burke wrote. “That breakneck pace was especially present during his team’s sustained offensive zone possessions, where Kalynuk would activate so aggressively from the offensive blue line that it almost seemed at times as if he were a fourth forward. His ability to identify pockets of space and make well-timed entries really stood out for our staff, particularly in Kalynuk’s tape with the Rockford IceHogs at the AHL level.
“A technically refined skater with exceptional four-way mobility, Kalynuk was every bit as potent on the breakout, effortlessly evading forecheckers and leading the puck up ice to create zone exits and entries alike.”
You can watch the Daily Faceoff Show Free Agency Special below!
Failed to load video.
- Canucks sign Ilya Mikheyev to four-year deal with $4.75 million AAV
- Report: Canucks sign Curtis Lazar to three year contract worth $3 million
- Jim Rutherford’s pre-Free Agency interview offers insight into potential lack of roster turnover, the J.T. Miller stalemate, and quick fixes
- Why a Troy Stecher reunion makes sense for the Canucks
- What the UFA market means for the Canucks, Edler’s new deal, the Flames’ offer, and more: Around the League
- Why the Canucks were right to not buy out Jason Dickinson’s contract
- 8 non-qualified RFAs the Canucks should take a look at in free agency tomorrow
Recent articles from David Quadrelli