Canucks pregame: Kuzmenko back with Pettersson and Kravtsov as season winds down
Photo credit:Bob Frid-USA TODAY Sports
1 month ago
Be sure to check out the latest NHL lines with online sportsbook Betway!
The Vancouver Canucks have now played their final home game and are in the home stretch of their season. With three games remaining, all of which are on the road, the Canucks are slated to do battle with the Los Angeles Kings this evening.
Fans were treated to a thrilling victory against the Calgary Flames on Saturday night, and the Canucks will continue to look to finish their season on a high note despite being eliminated from playoff contention.
Here’s how they’ll lineup tonight in LA while wearing their black skate jerseys!
Shoutout to Dan Murphy for stepping up and tweeting out line rushes!
- Andrei Kuzmenko has been the subject of some tough love from head coach Rick Tocchet, and after playing on the fourth line and getting benched for almost the entire third period and overtime before scoring in the shootout on Saturday, Kuzmenko now finds himself back with Elias Pettersson on the first line.
- Vitali Kravtsov’s opportunity to flank Pettersson on the top line continues tonight. Tocchet has liked the young Russian’s game, and wants to see some consistency from him.
- Cole McWard scored the first goal of his NHL career on Saturday, and gets another shot in the lineup tonight playing alongside Ethan Bear.
- Akito Hirose has shown plenty of promise through the first four games of his NHL career, and will look to continue to leave a great impression heading into the offseason.
- Collin Delia gets the start in goal after Thatcher Demko stopped 41 of the 43 shots he faced in the Canucks’ 3-2 win over the Flames on Saturday night.
Puck drop is at 7:30 PM tonight so we’ll see you a bit later than normal for Instant Reaction and The Stanchies after the game!
SCENES FROM MORNING SKATE PRESENTED BY BETWAY
Recent articles from David Quadrelli