A strong relationship between the Vancouver Canucks and J.T. Miller could be inching towards a close.
Earlier this week, TSN’s Darren Dreger said it was “open season for the Vancouver Canucks,” and that Miller was one of the players garnering a strong market.
And according to Canucks insider Rick Dhaliwal, the news is no surprise to his camp.
The JT Miller camp is not surprised by reports that the Canucks are listening to offers on JT.
More on Donnie and Dhali at 10am.
— Rick Dhaliwal (@DhaliwalSports) June 24, 2022
With a cap hit of just $5.25-million and a year left on his contract, Miller’s an incredibly valuable asset. He had a breakout with with the Canucks this season scoring career highs in goals (32), assists (67) and points with 99.
Long-term contract talks between the Canucks and Miller are expected to hit snags with term being the main issue. But in the trade market, a player like Miller who could immediately bolster a team’s top-six has immense value.
“I’ve heard [Nazem] Kadri’s name connected to the Capitals, I’ve heard Miller’s name connected to the Capitals,” said Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman during a Tuesday appearance on Donnie and Dhali – The Team.
- Where should Andrey Kuzmenko play in the Vancouver Canucks’ lineup?
- Analyzing 8 free agent defencemen to determine if there’s a good fit for the Canucks
- What the Canucks have in Andrey Kuzmenko: His strengths, weaknesses, and more
- “Strong interest” in Canucks’ Miller and Boeser, Miller linked to Washington Capitals: reports
- Carolina’s Ethan Bear has been given permission to talk