Vancouver Canucks prospect Arshdeep Bains has won the Bob Clarke Trophy as the Western Hockey League’s top scorer during the 2021–22 regular season.
Bains, 21, racked up 43 goals and 112 points in 68 games with the Red Deer Rebels this season. In addition to his league-leading point total, Bains’ 69 assists also led all WHL skaters.
— The WHL (@TheWHL) June 2, 2022
The Canucks signed Bains, a Surrey product, to an entry-level contract back on March 11. The three-year deal will take effect in 2022–23, which will also be Bains’ first year as a professional.
Bains finished his WHL career with 209 points (77 goals, 132 assists) in 257 games with the Rebels over parts of five regular seasons. Ben King, Bains’ Red Deer teammate, led the WHL with 52 goals in 62 games during the 2021–22 campaign.
There’s more good news: Bains will join CanucksArmy’s own David Quadrelli and Chris Faber on this Saturday’s episode of the Canucks Conversation Podcast.
Congrats to #Canucks prospect, Arshdeep Bains!
— 𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀 Faber 🔥🎙 (@ChrisFaber39) June 2, 2022
Bains is one of six Canucks forwards signed to ELCs for the 2022–23 season, the others being Vasily Podkolzin, Linus Karlsson, Danila Klimovich, Karel Plasek, and Carson Focht.
- ‘I told him no’: Gino Odjick says Micheal Ferland called him and asked if he should try to return to the Canucks
- Analyzing shot volume differences from Green to Boudreau at 5-on-5 and how it affected the Canucks
- Canucks news: Nic Petan in talks with KHL club, Canucks expected to lose rights to D Toni Utunen
- A conversation with Canucks D prospect Hugo Gabrielson about the “ups and downs” of his first year of pro hockey
- Laying the odds on 15 NHL teams’ chances at landing J.T. Miller for next season
- Report: Canucks intend to add two new assistant coaches for next season
- Exploring 8 potential trade partners and packages for Canucks forward J.T. Miller
- Canucks add Sedins, Mikael Samuelsson, and Mike Komisarek to player development department
- Stars owner says Travis Green would be a candidate to fill head coaching position