Actual hockey is being played! With the World Cup of Hockey and the annual Young Stars Tournament getting underway, fun things are finally happening in the world of the Canucks.
- Ben Hutton and Bo Horvat took a trip up Grouse Mountain this week and took this charming video. I am almost positive that Ben Hutton is dancing 24/7. It’s all he does.
- Local boy Troy Stecher is blogging from the Young Stars tournament. His first entry features this photo of him winning a championship with the Penticton Vees. Fellow prospect Michael Garteig is there as well, “in the very middle of the photo getting crushed”.
- The only thing Team North America is lacking is a father figure, because they are all literally children. Luckily, Jannik Hansen is ready to play dad.
jannik hansen untucked ryan murray’s jersey for him pic.twitter.com/1eYSjB0r5F
— bro’s before coos (@softjorts) September 13, 2016
- Daniel Sedin is having a great time at the World Cup, even when he’s in the penalty box:
— Ryan Biech (@ryanbiech) September 14, 2016
This is almost as good as the time the referees sent Henrik Sedin to the box after Daniel Sedin held an LA King:
- Good guys Ben Hutton, Brandon Sutter, and Derek Dorsett read to children this week:
— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) September 12, 2016