This week’s Babych Please has everything a Canucks fan could want and then some. Brock Boeser plays Prince Charming, Chris Tanev continues to be Cinderella, and Ben Hutton is getting back massages with Brad Marchand!
- The Canucks wished their mothers and all mothers a happy Mother’s Day in video form. The best bit is when Jake Virtanen says, “growing up, you know, having a lot of friends”. We get it, Jake, you were popular.
- Brock Boeser attended prom with his #1 fan Baylee Bjorge in Grand Forks this weekend and you can read about their fun evening here. His tie matched the corsage – both green for Boeser’s North Dakota colours.
— Katie Marcotte (@k8marcotte) May 7, 2016
- Daniel Sedin, Dan Hamhuis, and Jared McCann helped Canucks Autism host their 4th annual Sports Day this week. Jared McCann talked to CanucksTV about the day (and was savagely denied a handshake at 0:45 of this video):
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) May 11, 2016
- Over in Russia, Chris Tanev is Team Canada’s oldest blueliner but has the least national team experience of the entire roster. The Chris Tanev Cinderella story has been told a lot, but it’s a good one – you can read Hockey Canada’s piece on his unlikely road to the NHL and to Team Canada here. Tanev was named player of the game against Hungary and reacted like the Good Canadian Kid™ that he is:
haha Chris Tanev with the “who, me?” after being named Team Canada’s player of the game pic.twitter.com/dLYQAU4sUA
— Gráinne (@wholegrainne) May 8, 2016
- Tanev’s teammate Ben Hutton is also having fun in Russia. Hutton’s most recent Canucks.com blog entry takes on topics like sightseeing, Nikita Tryamkin’s family (maybe), and his own inability to speak Russian. Hutton’s likability is put to the test when he describes his roommate and new best buddy. The image of Brad Marchand and Ben Hutton spending a day at the spa together is certainly something:
Of all of my teammates, I’ve gotten to know my roommate, Brad Marchand, the most. He’s a completely different guy off the ice. When I first got roomed up with him, I thought I was in for a long three weeks here, but it’s been great getting to know him.
We’re pretty much doing everything together, going to dinner or exploring the city or hitting the spa at the hotel, we’re always hanging out. Good guy, he’s not a pest off the ice. He’s a solid ping-pong player too, so you know.
Oh shush, don’t worry, I’ll still be hard on him when we face Boston! x
- Ryan Miller’s baby is really cute and wants to be the next Bo Horvat. me and you both, little Miller.
— Ryan Miller (@RyanMiller3039) May 12, 2016
— Bo Horvat (@BoHorvat) May 12, 2016