At best, the Canucks played okay hockey this week but why pay attention to scoring chances when you can pay attention to friendship? The Canucks did a great job of being pals this week. Good hearts before zone starts!
- Daniel Sedin likes Henrik Sedin but Daniel Sedin loves Zack Kassian. “Who scored the winning goal? You did! Yes you did! Good boy!”
- One of the golden rules of friendship is, of course, making sure that your ex-friends are miserable. Zack is good at this, too:
- Alex Edler and Chris Tanev are a defensive match made in heaven. Is there a church that does bromance weddings? Civil unions for defense pairings? When one says “I do,” will the other say “Of Corsi does”? Can we slip in a long term NHL deal into the marriage contract when we get Tanev to sign it?
- Bo Horvat got to take his brother Cal along to practice this week. They’ve been dubbed the new Sedins by multiple Instagram commenters. Maybe Cal can suit up against the Kings so fans can get Bo-Cal versus So Cal.
- Somewhere in Norrtälje, Sweden, there’s a dentist who is super proud that his handiwork is so frequently on display in Vancouver. Look at that grin!
- Amazingly, Radim Vrbata used to sport a smile like Eddie’s. What happened, Radim? What have those aging eyes seen?
Maybe the answer to that was found on the bridge of his nose. We’ll never know.
OH MY GOD pic.twitter.com/TIHpTdO0zy
— Gráinne (@wholegrainne) March 6, 2015
- Hopefully the Canucks do better at the shooting and controlling parts of hockey this week while still maintaining their elite levels of enthusiasm for each other.