American Thanksgiving, to me, usually means that Christmas is coming soon and I should probably begin to get ready for the holidays. If you, like me, feel sudden pressure to begin your holiday shopping, I’ve got your back. Read on past the jump for more info.
- Here is a video of the Canucks celebrating the holiday as a
teamfamily. (Sidenote: ham and fish? What the heck, Sweden?)
Canucks celebrated American Thanksgiving on the road in Columbus and Kevin
Bieksa just wants to know why he’s being forced to celebrate a second Thanksgiving. Or he’d just like to scoop his meal in peace. (gifs via)
- Last Sunday, Daniel Sedin was honoured before his 1000th NHL game. His little daughter Anna greeted her uncle with a big hug and Kevin Bieksa with a polite handshake. Adorable. (gifs via)
- Meanwhile, young Erik Sedin aggressively avoids his father’s affection:
- Jannik Hansen’s hattrick that night was a career first for him, but some things never change:
- Nick Bonino thinks that because some say he’s been a great replacement for Ryan Kesler he can just go and steal Henrik Sedin’s spot too? Too far, man.
Ceremonial FO in CBJ called for H.Sedin and Nick Foligno. Hank didn’t hear and Bonino thought they called him. So Bonino-Foligno it was.
— Dan Murphy (@sportsnetmurph) November 29, 2014
- A wonderful .gif of Derek Dorsett returning to the Blue Jackets (via)
- Chris Tanev and Zack Kassian made themselves custom Canucks jerseys. Kassian’s is probably a reference to his animal nickname (remember those?). Tanev’s is either a reference to his favourite Travolta movie or a subtle please for Benning to acquire Thomas Greiss. I mean, it could have something to do with the hair, but I’m leaning Travolta or Greiss.
- At the 55:40 mark of this Steve Dangle Podcast, Steve Dangle reads excerpts from Fifty Shades of Grey while doing his weirdly accurate Bob Cole impersonation. So impressive, so weird. [Probably a redundant warning: very nsfw language is involved].
- While the Colorado Avalanche went HBO for their new opening video, the Oilers team decided to go ABC for their post-game videos:
And just in time for Cyber Monday, I am teaming up with shop.nhl.com to help you pick out some gifts for the rival hockey fans in your life.
- It’s never too early to help out your Blackhawk fan pals plan for next Halloween.
for the glum Oilers fan? How about a Northwest Edmonton Oilers Sam Gagner Triple-Woven Jacquard Blanket! Get them while they’re in stock.
just $16 for this Flames sweatband that doubles as a digital wristwatch!
tree is complete without leaves… or a Leafs Resin Tree Face Ornament!
- And finally, help
your Californian friends achieve that “Suntanned Ryan Kesler in the sun where
it’s sunny” aesthetic with this stylish curved brim visor: