I’m not saying that it was a bad week for the Canucks, but the highlight may have been Zack Kassian’s moment of brilliance saving the Canucks from paying for their bad change. The “it’s not fun to be a Canuck” narrative has certainly been a strong one this week, but when it is not?
- As guest editor of The Hockey News this week,
Roberto Luongo got to answer some letters, addressing an apologetic
Vancouverite and offering his thoughts on John Tortorella’s “really effective”
systems. Seriously. (screenshot via darthtulip)
Alex Edler played his 500th NHL game this week,
giving the Canucks Instagram team an excuse to post this painfully adorable
photo of him as a child:
- King of the Rink returned this week and the
subject was the mild-mannered Dan Hamhuis. The panel plays a nice foil to Dan, made up of Tom Sestito, Alex Burrows, and Kevin Bieksa. Sestito imagines that had hockey
not worked out for Hamhuis, Dan would be Smithers’ #1 handsome reverend, which is easier to picture than you’d think. When
asked what superhero he would like to be, Dan gives the standard answer of Henrik
Sedin. And as for which teammate he would like to be stuck in an elevator with –
none of them. He eventually decides on Alex Edler, which is pretty much the
same as his first answer, volume-wise.
- Chris Tanev made Johnny Torts proud in St. Louis with this glove save on Vladimir Tarasenko:
He really is a great goalie – even Eddie Lack thinks so.
- And now for something completely unrelated to the Canucks – PK Subban’s Halloween costume is awesome, but did you see this photo of him with PK’s Angels? via zmalik
- Canucks Superskills tickets went on sale this week, if you’re into that. Dale “I’m just really fast” Weise will likely not be present, but the event might include some Adorable Sedinery:
- Seeing as this week was not exactly overflowing with fun times for the Canucks, we’ll end with a throwback. Here is Snoop Dogg donning lolita-style sunglasses and a black ice Henrik Sedin jersey: