Lines at #Canucks morning skate ahead of home opener against Wild:
— David Quadrelli (@QuadreIli) October 26, 2021
- Justin Dowling is out “at least a week” according to head coach Travis Green. Justin Bailey was officially recalled this morning and skated on the fourth line. Bailey had a very brief preseason stint after a positive COVID-19 test held him out of all of training camp. The 26-year-old forward is off to a hot start in Abbotsford. He’s recorded six points in his first five games and will bring speed to whatever line he’s on.
- Unsurprisingly so, the defence pairings remain unchanged.
- Elias Pettersson, who has just one goal and two assists through his first six games of the season, skated on a line with Matthew Highmore and Nils Höglander. The Canucks can go back to the Lotto Line at any time tonight, but Green said there’s a “good chance” that these lines are what they’ll begin the game with tonight.
- Vasily Podkolzin, who has been a healthy scratch the past two games, will look to make an impact on a top six line alongside J.T. Miller and Brock Boeser tonight. It will be interesting to see how long Podkolzin stays in the top six, because last time the Canucks tried him in that role, it lasted less than a period.
- Per Green, Thatcher Demko will start tonight and Jason Dickinson is a game time decision.