Late Start Favours Canucks As Well As Ryan’s Personal Schedule
Alien Sightings Rare In Vancouver Market
Elias Pettersson is out at least another week, per Coach Green.
— Vancouver #Canucks (@Canucks) March 9, 2021
Adam Gaudette, Brock Boeser Ever The Dangler, Thatcher Demko, and NES Ice Hockey
- That blast from Adam Gaudette last game to send the Canucks to OT was the latest in a series of bar down goals for the Canucks. Where does it rate for you as the best: CoHo Game 8, Jake’s clapper from last week, Gaudette on Monday or Nils’ blast versus the Leafs? Take the context out of it, what was the best goal?
- Is there a better Canuck this season than Brock Boeser? The easy answer is yes. We’ll talk about the other guy in a bit. This has been an epic season for Boeser already and if he brought back rookie season Brock and put up a hat trick, he’d equal his total from last season. He’s a shade under his rookie campaign in G/GP with 0.45 currently which is just behind his 0.47 rookie season. Brock is also having his most choosy season as well. His Shots/GP is 2.38 which is a half shot less than 2017/18 as well. Simply put, Brock is back!
- Thatcher Demko was the NHL’s second star last week and we need to stop calling him “bubble Demko”. He is just Demko now. The stats speak for themselves and maybe there’s a way to trade Holtby for a journeyman goalie and get Michael DiPietro as the back up. Who’s up for another controversy?
⭐⭐ Demko guided the @Canucks to wins in three of their four games, starting with his first career regular-season shutout last Monday. He then posted a pair of wins against the NHL-leading Maple Leafs, allowing only three goals to the League’s highest-scoring team. #NHLStats pic.twitter.com/OupBPVS8Sj
— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) March 8, 2021
- So NES Ice Hockey, is there a perfect lineup? Do you go skinny, medium, sumo? Medium, medium, sumo? Or do you just go for it with speed and go Skinny x 3? Who would be your Canuck for each of those players and why haven’t the Canucks made a tee of this yet?
- The last time the Canucks won three-straight was, well it was back when they beat the Senators and then the Jets. But BEFORE THAT, they won five straight to end the month of January 2020/Feb 2020. Then there was the COVID so this is a big deal right now.
- The win last game still allowed the Canadiens a point so a win tonight still has the Canucks one point back. They can still make it, games in hand be damned!
PowerGlove™ Player of the Game
- Brock Boeser is back. I feel like he’s due for that game we need to fawn over for the next two weeks. I want to see him be all over that hat-trick and he’s surging right now. It just feels like the right time to happen.
What I’m Looking Forward To
- Another win seems fair, definitely want one of those, the new eve6 album, and a Jake Virtanen buttcheck.