THE SENATORS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE
No More Pettersson But Kole Lind Will Play, Right?
Why Isn’t Fin at games, Leivo and his COVID, Juolevi’s dangles, and Brock needs to score
- Hear me out: Rob Williams tweeted about Fin’s first appearance in forever at a Canucks game while Fin responded he’s busy doing birthday stuff. Nope, I don’t buy it. Gritty is busy being a super mascot and Fin can’t even show up? Is money that tight they can’t pay the mascot or is this a bigger situation?’
In #Canucks mascot news…
Fin isn't expected back until the last home game, I'm told. He was back last game for autism awareness night — his first game appearance since the start of the pandemic.
(@risingaction previously reported Fin is now a "freelance mascot")
— Rob Williams (@RobTheHockeyGuy) April 22, 2021
This “whale” is still representing the #Canucks and managing all his appearances (with consultation with the team)
— FIN (@CanucksFIN) April 23, 2021
- Josh Leivo now has COVID-19 and skated yesterday. The Flames awaited word to see what the next step was and in true NHL fashion, they played… and WON! Did the NHL not learn a thing after the Canucks debacle? If there are more tests this will get quite dirty. There really is no plan with this league but what do we know?
- It may have been worth the wait for moves like this:
- Brock Boeser hasn’t scored since March 20th against the Canadiens. He put a few assists on the board since the break but the team needs his shot. He got close last game but he’ll need to hit the net tonight. Brock never disappoints.
PowerGlove™ Player of the Game
- Nils Höglander gets my vote for player of the game. He’s been a pain in the ass against his opponents and even has a few goals to his name this week. Nils is going to bust out tonight, that’s the prediction, and if it comes true, make sure to reference my greatness.
Things I’m Looking Forward To
- One day seeing a short giraffe, not a baby one, a short one. You know, like how miniature ponies are.
- CanucksArmy keeping me around after the first request.
- Nils Höglander pulling off “The Mike Legg” goal against the Senators
- Fruity Pebbles being recognized as part of a well-balanced breakfast.