Two Days of Extra Rest Turns You Into The Best
Do The Crime, Do The Time, and Other Players Of Interest
— Brendan Batchelor (@BatchHockey) April 19, 2021
Best Save Ever? The Playoffs? Damo Again? Drance The Traitor?
- When the season ends, the Canucks may not be in the playoffs, they might not even have a decent draft position but they’ll have Braden Holtby’s spectacular rainbow save and it ranks up there with some of the greatest of all time. It’s surprising that Roberto Luongo hasn’t chimed in on this save.
- Last night, the Montreal Canadiens lost to the Edmonton Oilers and with that loss, the Canucks could finish with identical 73 point seasons. Unlikely, but it makes you think: Do the Canucks have some weird ju-ju right now that makes them unexplainably good? Weirder things have definitely happened but without Elias Pettersson potentially for the rest of the season (via reports), it’s going to be uphill all the way.
- But maybe playoffs?
- Our boy Damien Cox is at it again trying to gain back his Vancouver fan base via the Twitter box.
If Edler was fatigued and it was a mitigating factor, and if didn’t deliberately stick his leg out, then why the hell was he suspended? Another head scratching decision from he department of Curious George.
— Damien Cox (@DamoSpin) April 20, 2021
- Mr. Cox just isn’t good at serving himself to the masses these days and it would simply be easier to not say anything at all.
- While we were just minding our own business, one of Thomas Drance’s elementary classmates outed him as a through and through Panthers fan. It’s been tough this last year but this is the head-scratcher Damien should have been referencing:
— Kieran Gudmundseth (@K_Gudy11) April 19, 2021
- Just win baby!
PowerGlove Player of the Game™
- He can’t do it two games in a row, can he? Bo Horvat took the captaincy and just simply owned it. Tonight, my pick for the PGPOTG is J.T. Miller. Could it be the unofficial captain that gets the job done tonight? That’s who I pick.
Things I’m Looking Forward To
- The Playoffs. Yup, I’m that guy now.
- Taco Tuesday!
- Making a list outlining why owning a practice golf green is a good idea and not irresponsible as an adult.