LEAFS HUH, ALRIGHT, WELL… SEE YA LATER
When Is Change Coming?
Put Your Hands Up For Elias, Radio Redux, The Powerless Play
- Don Taylor went to Twitter yesterday to tease that the gang might be getting back together and wouldn’t that be the best news ever? Digital stations are the future so finding a way to launch via streaming apps will be a winning decision. Look at Rob Fai right now, he got in early and the masses responded. Advertising has so many more options and sponsors aren’t limited to finite options. The digital landscape will prevail.
Working on a return to the airwaves that would involve some friends from 1040. Very excited. In the meantime—-thanks so much to everyone who has reached out to me the last 3 weeks. Much appreciated!
— Don Taylor (@DonTaylor5) March 3, 2021
- Rob Williams of Daily Hive had this to say:
One source told Daily Hive that there’s been talk about an all-sports streaming site being set up, involving a local marketing and advertising agency with ties to TSN 1040. There has also been talk about shifting the format of an existing FM radio station to all-sports.
- The decision to move Elias Pettersson to the strong side has already paid dividends with his applause-worthy wrister against the Jets. It was in a losing effort but the shot was very much a winner. His clap-bomb has been showing up regularly but with multiple options for pass or shot on the other side, he becomes a more dynamic part of the man advantage.
- Vancouver’s power play is among the worst in the NHL which isn’t anything new, but they do look lost, don’t they? Their new-look PP1 barely entered the zone against the Jets but the second unit converted almost right away. The setup looks right but they need to stop overthinking everything. Quinn Hughes and Elias Pettersson are phenomenal at zone entries but they look like they have fake IDs and are convinced the bouncer will call them on it. This is a good unit, it just needs to be confident.
- They’re getting the most PP opportunities of almost anyone, save Ottawa. They’re moving their legs so what’s the big deal? How hard could it honestly be to score in the NHL; I do it all the time in Chel.
- William Nylander is currently a Maple Leaf but apparently, he isn’t a star for them despite 10G/10A season thus far. Imagine feeling the exact same way about Nylander as Canucks Nation feels about Jake Virtanen. That’s how some Leafs fans feel about Nylander, and no I’m not kidding. Two players on polar opposites of the talent spectrum. Unbelievable.
- What would a Tanner Pearson for Nylander trade look like? I’m serious. Stop keyboard warrior hating and give me your dealz. No one is going to show up to your house and call you on it. Be the GM, what deal gets it done?