The pros and cons of Andrei Kuzmenko’s contract extension: Canucks Conversation Jan. 26th
Photo credit:© Bob Frid-USA TODAY Sports
10 months ago
On today’s episode of Canucks Conversation, Chris Faber and I reacted to the news of Andrei Kuzmenko’s two-year extension with the Vancouver Canucks. The popular opinion among fans appears to be similar. Nobody really dislikes the dollar figure, and certainly not the player. Kuzmenko, hand-picked Vancouver and has been found money for the Canucks. He’s loved by fans, loves them right back, and has meshed extremely well with the franchise’s number one centre.
In the interest of trying to be as fair as possible, we listed as many pros and cons of the deal as we could think of on today’s show.
Among the pros:
- Elias Pettersson gets to keep his most consistent linemate for two more seasons in Vancouver.
- The contract itself is fair value.
- Canucks keep a player and his agent happy, and don’t damage their reputation around the league even more.
As for some of the cons:
- The Canucks probably won’t compete in the two year duration of Kuzmenko’s contract, and would have benefited from freeing up cap space, and could have added assets such as draft capital or a prospect if they had traded him at the deadline.
- The Canucks bought high again instead of selling high.
- The Canucks added to their logjam of wingers, and are likely going to have to give up assets to get out from under at least one or two of them.
We got into a lot more, and you can watch the segment here!
Failed to load video.
Be sure to subscribe to the CanucksArmy YouTube channel!
You can catch the livestream of Canucks Conversation at 1 PM Pacific Monday through Friday on The Nation Network’s Youtube Channel here and the CanucksArmy Twitter account here. Clips of the show are posted daily to the CanucksArmy YouTube channel, which you can find by clicking here.
The show is also available in podcast format around 2 PM every day wherever you get your podcasts!
Recent articles from David Quadrelli