CanucksArmy Game Day: We could see Jack Rathbone and Kole Lind make their debuts tonight
Photo credit:Bob Frid-USA TODAY Sports
By Always90four1 year ago
The losing ends today, today the losing ends
I admit I drank the Kool-Aid.
I believed the ridiculous notion that the Canucks could fluke out and make the playoffs. I was wrong and I now see the error of my ways. It’s a new day and the rumours may be true that Kole Lind, superstar formerly of the Kelowna Rockets, will make his NHL debut.
This is where it gets interesting.
The Canucks have finally caught up to where they should be post-COVID and their bodies are taking an obvious toll. The first two games against the Leafs were probably an aberration from what was expected and now reality has set in. The Leafs will definitely be out for blood after getting embarrassed by Vancouver.
This one may not end well, but you know what?
Kole Lind is likely gonna play.
Let’s Do This!™
Change has arrived and the kids are coming
Did we mention Kole Lind is probably going to play? Do we get to see Jack Rathbone as well? Is there a defenceman that the Canucks can afford to pull from the lineup in his place? Is Olli Juolevi going to sit because that’s the only guy that maybe comes out?
Braden Holtby will get back in after Thatcher Demko was shelled yesterday. It’s clear that goaltending is the least of this team’s problems.
TVA trolling, Lind is playing, more dogs, and Canucks Country Rocks!
- This isn’t photoshop; this was on the TVA broadcast yesterday and even though I can’t speak French all that well, I know this is bad. First of all, buts are goals, not butts. That group of Canucks has 23 goals combined this season while the guy they let walk has 25 on his own (most of which were against the Canucks). The salary is also terrifying because most of the Canucks side is locked up next season. Tell me your team is in trouble without telling me your team is in trouble.
- Kole Lind is rumoured to be playing in his first-ever NHL game today. Much like the Mikey DiPietro situation, Kole Lind has waited far too long to make his debut and thankfully it isn’t too late yet. He isn’t going to be a world-burner but he knows the magnitude of what’s going on and he’ll want to impress.
- Lind is a point-per-game player in the AHL this season with 5G/3A; four of those goals came on the man advantage. Lethal. The boy from Saskatchewan had 14 goals in 61 games last season and he’ll likely get better linemates for his first shot. With no Elias Pettersson in the lineup, Lind might get a bigger role even if just for a game.
- Tonight is the night: Canucks Country Rocks! goes live for charity and in case you don’t have e-tickets, there’s still time. The artists have donated their time and the charities the money is being raised for are very worthy. Click here to get your tickets or here to make a donation.
- Remember the dogs yesterday? Well, they didn’t stop coming in. I was bombarded with well over 120 of your dogs and was that ever awesome! As rough as this season has been, the dogs sure made it feel good for one night, and because I want to make sure everyone gets their proper shoutout, here’s the last one:
PowerGlove™ Player of the Game
- Bo Horvat makes his return. Time for Cap to be a difference-maker. That might just mean finishing the game because it can’t look much worse than the game yesterday. Well, it’s the Leafs… maybe it can.
Things I’m looking forward to
- Kole Lind making his NHL debut
- Kole Lind scoring in his NHL debut
- HBO renewing The Newsroom
- A Canucks win
Recent articles from Always90four