Brock Boeser’s mother provides update on Canuck forward’s ailing father Duke
Photo credit:Twitter via @Canucks
6 months ago
Brock Boeser’s mother, Laurie Boeser, took to the family’s Caring Bridge page to provide this update on her husband Duke.
Our beloved Duke is skating his last lap around the hockey rink. He is at our home resting. Our family is close by his side. He’s had some wonderful visits from family, friends and neighbors. Please pray for his comfort and peace as he makes his way home to our heavenly father. And please pray for our children as this is so very hard for them to let go.
At his end-of-season media availability, a teary-eyed Boeser told reporters that his father has dementia and that his condition is worsening. Evidently, his father’s health was taking a heavy toll on Boeser both on and off the ice.
Duke was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease at the age of 49. Two years after his Parkinson’s diagnosis, Duke broke his pelvis in three places, suffered a lacerated spleen, as well as a further brain injury when someone ran a red light and T-boned the vehicle he was in, which worsened his Parkinson’s.
His health has been in decline ever since, and today’s update is absolutely heartbreaking news.
The Boeser family set up Duke’s Caring Bridge page back in 2019 while Duke was battling cancer as a place for all fans and reporters to go to receive updates on Duke’s health situation, in hopes that hockey can be Brock’s haven and he won’t have to answer constant questions when he’s at the rink.
Our thoughts are with the Boeser family at this time.
- Report: Canucks forward and pending UFA Alex Chiasson could be signing in Switzerland
- Determining the Vancouver Canucks’ trade market price tag for J.T. Miller
- Vasily Podkolzin on trusting Bruce Boudreau, life in Vancouver, and adjusting to the NHL
- Contents of Rangers’ supposed pre-Trade Deadline offer for Canucks forward J.T. Miller revealed
- The Arizona Coyotes are out of control and it’s time for the NHL to take action
- 14 RFA offer sheet targets for the Vancouver Canucks in the summer of 2022
- Bruce Boudreau’s latest interview showed some differing opinions from Canucks management
- Jim Rutherford on the Canucks’ plans for constructing a winner, needing more “sandpaper”, and more
- Boeser’s deal, trading the 15th overall pick, and more: 7 predictions for the Vancouver Canucks’ offseason
- Why John Tavares’ play in the playoffs should be a warning to the Canucks about extending J.T. Miller long term
Recent articles from David Quadrelli
- Abbotsford Canucks head coach Jeremy Colliton talks about the task of developing Danila Klimovich: Canucks Conversation Dec. 8
- Instant Reaction: Elias Pettersson does it again as the Canucks win 6-5 vs. Sharks
- Why playing Jack Studnicka at third line centre is good process by the Vancouver Canucks: Canucks Conversation Dec. 7th