Alex Chiasson’s agent: “No intention to sign in Switzerland”, first choice is to re-sign with the Canucks
Photo credit:© Bob Frid-USA TODAY Sports
1 year ago
Earlier today, a report out of Europe suggested that Canucks forward Alex Chiasson could be signing with HC Lugano in the top league in Switzerland.
His agent says that is not true.
“Alex has no intention to sign in Switzerland,” Chiasson’s agent Pat Morris told Rick Dhaliwal of Donnie and Dhali – The Team. “His first intention is to re-sign with Vancouver if there is reciprocal interest… or failing that continue his career with another NHL team at the appropriate free agency period. Vancouver is his first choice.”
Chiasson, 31, tallied 13 goals and nine assists this season with the Canucks, and was a mainstay on the club’s first power play unit after signing a PTO out of training camp.
He especially heated up toward the end of the season, which made many fans hope that a reunion with the Canucks was possible, as Chiasson provided depth scoring for cheap this past season.
Unlike most years, free agency opens on July 13th this offseason.
- Determining the Vancouver Canucks’ trade market price tag for J.T. Miller
- Vasily Podkolzin on trusting Bruce Boudreau, life in Vancouver, and adjusting to the NHL
- Contents of Rangers’ supposed pre-Trade Deadline offer for Canucks forward J.T. Miller revealed
- The Arizona Coyotes are out of control and it’s time for the NHL to take action
- 14 RFA offer sheet targets for the Vancouver Canucks in the summer of 2022
- Bruce Boudreau’s latest interview showed some differing opinions from Canucks management
- Jim Rutherford on the Canucks’ plans for constructing a winner, needing more “sandpaper”, and more
- Boeser’s deal, trading the 15th overall pick, and more: 7 predictions for the Vancouver Canucks’ offseason
- Why John Tavares’ play in the playoffs should be a warning to the Canucks about extending J.T. Miller long term
Recent articles from David Quadrelli