For the first time, the Vegas Golden Knights will take on the Vancouver Canucks in a sanctioned hockey match. They’re probably a lot more excited than most of Canucks nation but a first is a first. Vegas will be without their star defenseman, Luca Sbisa, but they should be able to contend against such a rock star group of players that are the Vancouver Canucks.
Yesterday was no joke. The Canucks are going to own this preseason and it doesn’t matter where they play. LA, Vancouver, China? Who cares! This team is for real and the NHL will take note after this beatdown.
WATCH / LISTEN / FACE OFF
RADIO: SNET 650
PUCK DROP: 2:00 PM
Most likely, Brock Boeser and Jake Virtanen are in today after strong performances against the Kings. As it’s a home game, Henrik and Daniel Sedin will probably see today’s game as well before leaving on a jet plane to China.
Vancouver Canucks lines courtesy of… no one yet:
Based on these scrimmage lines, this may be a solid look at what we could expect to see this afternoon:
— Satiar Shah (@SatiarShah) September 15, 2017
There is some serious, good, young talent on this roster today with forwards Nick Suzuki and Cody Glass (Canucks Army favs) highlighting the group. Lots of former WHL talent on this team so I hate to say it, Vegas might be in good hands.
OK, no more compliments.
Vegas Golden Knights lines courtesy of NHL.com:
Goaltenders: Dylan Ferguson and Jiri Patera
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
Brock Boeser with a laser.
— Ryan Biech (@ryanbiech) September 16, 2017
- This guy was a gift to the Canucks. His release has been talked about for awhile now and he clearly has a dangerous shot, you want to know what to watch for, how about what to watch out for. This guy is for real.
- Another strong start for Vancouver. OK, maybe less penalties but everything that resembled the first half of the game was promising. There was deflections, there was smart passing and even a tilt. Entertainment is slowly finding it’s way back into Canucks games.
- Speed could be the name of the game today with a bunch of speedsters on both sides of the puck. Too many to name but it will be evident early on. Expect to see defenders on both teams get burned today. Not sure if that’s a good thing but we’ll be entertained so that’s good. Right?
- Kole Lind had a good Rookie Tournament and now it’s kind of for real. He’ll no doubt turn some heads and even for just a few shifts, imagine what he’d look like with the Sedins.
- Olli Juolevi needs a morale boost. Some solid ice time today could elevate him back to where he’s a difference maker.
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
— Vegas Golden Knights (@GoldenKnights) September 16, 2017
FOCUS, VEGAS! Expansion teams just don’t take these games seriously enough.
After yesterday’s exciting finish, I honestly don’t know how anything could be better? Vegas is part of the NHL now if they are even 1/10th as cool as their Twitter persona, good things are ahead. It would be a great idea to maybe take fewer penalties today and oh, I dunno, shoot the puck a bit more.
Simple and to the point – Canucks win it in regulation 3-1.