When Laurence Gilman’s contract expired earlier in the off-season, he became free to pursue any opportunities that interested him. It’s been a popular opinion that Gilman is due for a job back in NHL front offices, at least amongst Canucks fans. All discussions can now be laid to rest as Karin Larsen with CBC reported that the former Assistant General Manager has been hired by TSN 1040.
According to Rob Williams over at Daily Hive, Gilman will be acting as an NHL insider/analyst for 1040. He will be joining Matt Sekeres and Blake Price on Wednesdays for the afternoon drive.
The decision to bring Gilman on board is just one of the many made by TSN 1040 in response to its new competition. The confirmed lineups of each station are as follows:
- 5:30-9:00 AM: Bro Jake Show (Jake Edwards and Dave Pratt)
- 9:00 AM-12:00 PM: Halford and Brough (Mike Halford and Jason Brough)
- 12:00 PM-3:00 PM: Donnie and The Moj (Don Taylor and Bob Marjanovich)
- 3:00 PM-7:00 PM: Sekeres and Price (Matt Sekeres and Blake Price)
- 6:00 AM-10:00 AM: Steve Darling, James Cybulski, and Mira Laurence
- Afternoon drive (time unconfirmed): Scott Rintoul and Andrew Walker
- Canucks games: Brendan Batchelor and Corey Hirsch