The Vancouver Canucks are finalists to sign KHL free agent forward Andrei Kuzmenko, according to Rick Dhaliwal of Donnie and Dhali – The Team.
The Canucks are a finalist to land free agent Andrei Kuzmenko.
They have made the shortlist of teams, decision is still a few weeks away according to agent Dan Milstein.
— Rick Dhaliwal (@DhaliwalSports) May 11, 2022
Kuzmenko has been a hot-button topic as of late, as his agent Dan Milstein — who also represents Canucks prospect Danila Klimovich — joined us on episode 260 of the Canucks Conversation Podcast and had some very nice things to say about Vancouver.
“Vancouver is definitely on the list,” Milstein told us. “We’ve been talking to Vancovuer executives for a very long time. It’s a great city, good place to play, a good team, good coach, and stable management. Vancouver should be excited for many years on what’s to come.”
Kuzmenko finished second in KHL scoring this season, tallying 20 goals and 33 assists through 45 games played.
“I expect him to be a top six forward, he can play on the power play,” said Milstein when asked what he expects from his client in the NHL. “He’s very strong, he’s a hard worker, he plays on both sides of the ice and we expect him to make an impact from early on.”
Kuzmenko can only sign a one-year deal with a maximum cap hit of $925,000, so he will certainly be looking to be put in the best situation possible for him to cash in on his second NHL contract next offseason.
The Canucks had an interview with Kuzmenko last Friday, and the word was that things went well, with Bruce Boudreau reportedly making a great first impression on the Russian winger.
The Vegas Golden Knights and Edmonton Oilers are believed to be the two other front runners vying for Kuzmenko’s services.
- Schedule, Allvin’s thoughts and more as Canucks prospect Linus Karlsson makes Sweden’s roster for World Championships
- Examining what the Canucks might get in return if they manage to trade Oliver Ekman-Larsson
- NHL Central Scouting releases final rankings for 2022 Draft: Here’s who could fall to the Canucks
- Will the Canucks be making any buyouts in the summer of 2022?
- Report: Canucks trying to find a trade market for Oliver Ekman-Larsson