The Canucks have lost seven straight games and there is a cloud of doubt hovering over the team and rightfully so, they have lost seven games in a row.
But in times like this, you can look for hope, and the easiest place to find it is in Blackfish: CanucksArmy Prospect Report!
There were a few prospects that jumped off the page, some disappointed, and some did their usual thing. You’ll get that and more in everyone’s favourite CanucksArmy feature.
As always, the images below all come from Elite Prospects.
Let’s look at the week that was for Canucks prospects!
- The Moose Jaw Warriors defender had himself a decent week with three assists in two games this week. His pace of 0.67 points-per-game puts him ahead of the 0.56 PPG that he posted last season. He’s been very physical this season while continuing to do all those things that make him attractive as a two-way defender. Still a chance he gets the call for Team Canada for the WJHC.
In the second period – Jett Woo picks up his second secondary assist of the night
— Ryan Biech (@ryanbiech) November 18, 2018
- Matt Brassard had a two-goal performance this past week but was otherwise held off the scoresheet. He still leads the Generals defencemen in scoring.
- Michael Dipietro continues to do his thing – he is now third in save percentage and second in GAA in the OHL.
- Thissen’s numbers are not great but he did have a good performance last night in a 3-2 loss. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.
- Quinn Hughes rightfully takes the top spot among prospects playing in the NCAA after a four assist performance this week.
- William Lockwood broke out this weekend with one goal and four assists in two games for Michigan.
— Michigan Hockey (@umichhockey) November 18, 2018
- Madden was held off the scoresheet for Northeastern in their onyl game this past week.
- Rathbone was held off the scoresheet in both games this past week – he continues to play 5v5 with Fox but has been moved down to the second PP unit.
- Another week and no points for Manukyan.
- Nikita Tryamkin appeared in one game and was held off the scoresheet
- Toni Utunen did not appear in any Liiga games this past week but did dress for them for their Champions Hockey League. He should be heading to Finland’s WJHC camp soon.
- Gunnarsson was held off the scoresheet in the one game he played in this week.
- Zhukenov did not play any games this week – If anyone has information on his status? (my Czech or Russian is not great)
- Thatcher Demko was activated, assigned, and played for the Comets this week.
- As a result, Connor Lacouvee was released from his PTO
- Adam Gaudette and Alex Biega remain up with the Canucks.
- Reid Boucher and Sam Gagner were recalled over the past seven days.
- Richard Bachman and Brendan Gaunce have been returned to the farm this week.
- As always Comets Cory has you covered for everything Comets – check them out here.
- At this moment, the Canucks have no prospects in the ECHL.