Another week has passed and Canucks fans are still revelling in the greatness of Elias Pettersson.
If you’ve been a follower of Blackfish, you’ve been well versed in everything EP last season. Despite him no longer being a ‘prospect’, it doesn’t mean there aren’t players to follow and keep an eye on. Obviously, Quinn Hughes leads the pack but there have been a few other players having noteworthy seasons.
So, let’s dive in!
- Woo played one WHL game this past week and picked up an assist in that affair. He also dressed for Team WHL in the CHL/Russia series this past week. He picked up one assist and played primarily with 2019 draft-eligible prospect Bowen Byram. They played quite a bit of 5v5 time together with Woo getting time on the PK.
— Ryan Biech (@ryanbiech) November 7, 2018
- Matt Brassard has slowed down a bit over the last week with only one assist in three games. It will be
- Michael Dipietro’s continues to slowly improve his overall numbers with some solid games. He now sits 5th in OHL in GAA and 8th in SV% (among all goalies to play one game)
- After a hot start, Matthew Thiessen has a bit of a wall. With only one game this past week, he gave up four goals on 24 shots. Unfortunate to see him struggle over the last handful of games.
- Hughes scored one goal over the last seven days but continues to make things happen offensively.
- Jack Rathbone with a fantastic performance over the past weekend. He had two goals and three assists in Harvard’s two games. He was moved up to the top pairing with Adam Fox and it’s clearly paid off. It will be really interesting to follow how Rathbone does.
— Ryan Biech (@ryanbiech) November 3, 2018
- Tyler Madden picked up one assist over the three games in the past seven days.
- William Lockwood was finally able to get back on the scoresheet with a three-assist performance in two games over the past seven days.
- Artyom Manukyan burst out offensively with a four-assist (all primary) performance on Monday. Unfortunately, he was held off the scoresheet in the other two games but great to see he got some points after just not getting any luck.
- Nikita Tryamkin did not appear in any games this past week.
- Toni Utunen was held off the scoresheet in his Liiga and CHL action. He is now currently with Finland at the four nations cup.
- One game and zero points for Gunnarsson, he was also held off the scoresheet in the CHL this week.
- After appearing in one Czech second division game for our last update… Zhukenov did not play any games this week.
- Jalen Chatfield was returned to the Comets this past week.
- Adam Gaudette and Alex Biega are up with the Canucks.
- As always Comets Cory has you covered for everything Comets – check them out here.
- Thatcher Demko is getting closer to making his return.
- At this moment, the Canucks have no prospects in the ECHL.