Happy Friday and Happy Bastille Day to any French people who want to stay up to date on the least crucial Vancouver Canucks news and notes.
- Former Canuck and current Canuck assistant coach Manny Malhotra was behind the bench during last week’s Prospects Summer Showdown. He and Jonathan Dahlen discover that the Swedish phrase for lactic acid is “sour milk”.
- Elias Pettersson’s confidence is wonderful and I hope he always has this much fun playing hockey.
- Michael DiPietro and Adam Gaudette were also mic’d up during the game. DiPietro tries to cheer his teammates up and Gaudette practices his chirp game.
- The kids hung out with some kids at the Boys and Girls Club and everyone had a great day filled with dodgeball, jumprope, and more. The group dab at the end is spectacular.
- Erik Gudbranson has found his calling. Honestly, he could quit hockey and just be a full time suit model. Whatever works for him.
- My favourite member of the Vancouver Canucks family (Phoebe Stecher) was featured on a Bernese Mountain Dog fan account. I’m proud of her!