The Canucks said goodbye to a couple of fun guys this week, but they gained a Swedish child, an old friend of many, and a fancy Russian guy. Here’s all you need to know about the new guys, Ben Hutton’s cheeks, and more:
- The least high-profile pick-up of the week is Joseph Cramarossa, who knows both Brendan Gaunce and Chris Tanev from his youth. Read about the pick-up here – there is also a fun story about Brendan Gaunce’s trade deadline panic.
- Jonathan Dahlen is a small Swedish guy who will hopefully join the long list of beloved Swedish Canucks. He gives the trade two thumbs up.
Happy that @Canucks believe in me and looking forward to be in the organization! ????
— Jonathan Dahlén (@JonathanDahlen) February 27, 2017
Dahlen is the son of former NHLer Ulf Dahlen, which is a great name. Here is a #TBT shared by young Jonathan of himself and his father. Looks NHL ready!
- The return for Jannik Hansen looks pretty solid too. If the Sharks win the cup, the Canucks get a first sound pick, which would be very nice. The other piece is Nikolay Goldobin, who posts a lot of selfies and dog photos. The vibes here are European Jonas Brother.
Puppies time ? pic.twitter.com/UVwcAZRJMu
— Nikolay Goldobin (@NG078) November 9, 2016
— Nikolay Goldobin (@NG078) June 26, 2016
Oh, and his loves his car.
Smyl on @tsn1040 intermission says one of Goldobin’s 1st questions when management talked to him yesterday: ‘how do I get my car up there?’
— Jeff Paterson (@patersonjeff) March 3, 2017
My baby ?❤️? pic.twitter.com/vHiNYCgokR
— Nikolay Goldobin (@NG078) August 24, 2016
- The Canucks held their annual Superskills event last weekend. Sure, Jacob Markstrom got hurt during the fun and half of the team couldn’t attend due to their mumps, but they tried their best to make it an enjoyable afternoon. Their most successful moment was taping the words “BIG HEAD” to the nameplate of Bo Horvat’s jersey. Poor Bo.
— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) February 26, 2017
- I don’t know what is happening on the Canucks Snapchat these days, but it’s pretty wild.
- Speaking of Ben Hutton’s face, this is amazing. His teammates thought he had the mumps, but that’s just what his cheeks look like. Adorable.
“Guys said my face looked swollen, guess I just have chubby cheeks. So I was sitting at home, chillin’, waiting for results.” – @bhutt10
— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) February 28, 2017