— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) February 1, 2017
After scoring his 1000th point nearly two weeks ago, the Canucks will honour Henrik on Saturday in a pre-game ceremony prior to the teams matchup against the Minnesota Wild.
The Canucks are encouraging fans to arrive early as the ceremony will include a tribute video looking at some of the most significant moments of his career. Throughout the evening, their will be content all night celebrating his 16-year career.
The team says there will be in-game tributes from former teammates and peers from around the league.
Fans will also have the chance to pick up limited edition Henr1K merchandise available exclusively at the team store.
Oddly enough, both Henrik’s first and 1000th point came against the Florida Panthers.
Henrik’s first point in the NHL came as an assist to brother Daniel’s first NHL goal.
The latest from Laing:
- OilersNation: Oilers trade Moroz for Samuelsson
- Nation Network: Report: Cap to remain flat next season
- OilersNation: The Oilers are still courting Vladimir Tkachyov
- CanucksArmy: Canucks one step closer to games in China
- OilersNation: Seven Oilers named to NHL top 100 players list