The Canucks continue to play hockey and overall, it’s not going so great. But what they lack in points, they make up for in smiles. It’s easier to cheer for a weak team when they’re out here being nice guys.
- Dan Hamhuis made his return to Rogers Arena last Sunday and this touching “Thank You” video will probably make you a little sad because Dan Hamhuis was such a loveable Canuck.
For six great years, thank you Dan. pic.twitter.com/QaaxHA7qtG
— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) November 13, 2016
- Hamhuis used to take kids to games with his Hammer’s Heroes program. With his departure, Alex Edler seems ready to take on some of the Fatherly Defenseman responsibilities and has launched a similar program called the Eagle’s Nest. This is a very nice gesture and they’ve given it a great name. His teammates should all have programs inspired by their weird nicknames. Luca’s Pizza Hut. Big Country, Big Heart. Chris Tanev’s Grease Pit.
— Canucks For Kids (@Canucksforkids) November 15, 2016
- Thursday night was Hockey Fights Cancer night at Rogers Arena. During warm-ups, the Canucks each wore the name of someone they know who has battled or is battling cancer. I love Jannik Hansen practicing for two minutes just so he could wear his.
— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) November 18, 2016
Hansen felt so strongly about representing his childhood friend he went on ice for two mins despite fractured rib. https://t.co/SpWt4G5hIY
— Dan Murphy (@sportsnetmurph) November 17, 2016
- Bo Horvat and Troy Stecher participated in Canuck Place’s annual family skate this week. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time and took a bunch of adorable photos.
— Canucks For Kids (@Canucksforkids) November 17, 2016
- Speaking of Stecher, his teammates’ reaction to his first NHL goal was just the cutest. Look at this defensive brotherhood. Adorable.
- And speaking of celebrations, the team gave it to Ben Hutton after his OT winner last night. Also, check out emergency call-up Michael Garteig escorting Sven Baertschi to the huddle – it appears that Sven had lost a skate blade.