The disappointment of the draft lottery is still fresh, but led by a sweet Brock Boeser and an excited Ben Hutton, the Canucks are doing their best to remind fans that there are still fun things about hockey.
- Here’s a nice story: devoted North Dakota hockey fan Baylee Bjorge asked Brock Boeser to be her prom date, but her account was deleted before Brock could accept her invite. Determined to join Baylee at prom, Brock tracked down her contact info and the pair will attend prom this Saturday. Baylee, who has Down syndrome, is a huge fan of Boeser and the pair will hopefully have time to match the corsage to the dress. The full story can be read here.
- Fun kid Ben Hutton is blogging about his time at the World Championships where he and Chris Tanev are representing Canada. Hutton’s first blog entry is about how excited and surprised he is to be representing his country. Chris Tanev, meanwhile, is as excited as he always is:
- Thatcher Demko is also at the Worlds in Russia but he is not finished with school quite yet:
— College Hockey Inc. (@collegehockey) May 5, 2016
- The Canucks signed free agent Michael Garteig this week. Garteig played NCAA hockey for Quinnipiac Bobcats and hails from Prince George. He seems to be a pretty big fan of his new team:
Just saw a kid with a sign saying “honk if you like the Canucks”. Kids got a bright future #beauty
— Michael Garteig (@garteig1) July 8, 2012
- Nikita Tryamkin got married this week! He’s still extremely tall man but now he’s an extremely tall married man!