We are back with another edition
of the Canucks Weekly Prospect Report where I dig into all the latest stats,
rumours, gossip, news, achievements, and even made up stories from around the
different junior hockey leagues. We look into the play of all (non-AHL) Canucks prospects from the CHL, NCAA, Europe, and
even the ECHL.
Without further ado, continue
past the jump to see what went down!
Canadian Hockey League
|Jared McCann||C||1996-05-31||18||Sault Ste. Marie||54||33||44||77||1.43||25||27||35|
|Miles Liberati||D||1995-06-21||19||North Bay||62||11||25||36||0.58||19||41||14|
|MacKenze Stewart||D||1995-08-10||19||Prince Albert||59||4||6||10||0.17||-4||101||4|
- Cole Cassels had a four point game (including a hat trick) while earning a +1. He played a second game but had zeros across the box score.
- Jared McCann scored 1 goal and 1 assist in 2 games with a +1 and 2 PIMs this week. He has a broken finger (or maybe a broken hand?) and will miss 1-2 weeks. While Jared McCann is definitely giving Canucks fans a reason to be excited this year, his most recent uptick in success seems to have started around the OHL trade deadline, when the Soo acquired a bunch of top players including Anthony DeAngelo and Nick Ritchie.
- Showtime Virtanen scored 1 goal in 2 games this week with a -2 and 6 PIMs.
- In one game this week Jordan Subban was a -2.
- Exciting week for Evan McEneny this week who scored 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games earning 2 PIMs.
- 1 assist and a +1 in 3 games for Miles Liberati since the last report.
- 1 assist and 2 PIMs in 3 games for Kyle Pettit.
- 1 goal in 2 games for Anton Cederholm.
- MacKenze Stewart earned +1 in 2 games this week.
|Patrick McNally||D||1991-12-04||23||ECAC / Harvard||15||4||12||16||1.07||14||40||2.67||10.00%||36|
|Ben Hutton||D||1993-04-20||21||Hockey East / Maine||39||9||12||21||0.54||-15||115||2.95||7.83%||18|
|Joseph LaBate||F||1993-04-16||21||Big 10 / Wisconsin||32||6||10||16||0.50||-17||86||2.69||6.98%||17|
|Matthew Beattie||F||1992-12-14||22||ECAC / Yale||16||0||3||3||0.19||5||18||1.13||0.00%||6|
|Mike Williamson||D||1993-09-05||21||Big 10 / Penn State||13||1||1||2||0.15||0||15||1.15||6.67%||5|
- Patrick McNally is still injured but was named to the All-Ivy Second Team.
- Ben Hutton scored 1 goal and 1 assist in 3 games this past week, earning a -1 and 5 shots on goal. Some interesting tidbits on Hutton from the latest Provies:
2012 draft pick Ben Hutton is planning on going back to Maine for
another season. Hutton has long vowed to finish his degree before
turning pro, something teams knew at the draft, which could explain why
he was taken in the fifth round when some believed he’d be taken in the
The Canucks, in turn, are planning a visit, which would include Sir
Bennington, at some point over the next few months. The visit would be
to give him the old Weber blueprint on why he should skip his plans and
join the Canucks instead.
The Canucks would like to make room for Hutton in Utica. That’s not
as easy as it sounds. There does appear to be a glut of dmen in
this organization currently.
One which could be remedied by trading KBlock3.
- Joseph LaBate earned a -1 and 7 shots on goal in 2 games this week.
- No games for Matthew Beattie this week.
- Mike Williamson played in 1 game this week.
|Thatcher Demko||G||1995-12-08||19||H-East / Boston College||31||2||1870||68||2.18||18-10-3||851||92.60%|
- Boston College did not play a game this week. With Demko’s .926 save percentage he is sitting at 18th in the NCAA of all goaltenders.
|Nikita Tryamkin||D||1994-08-04||20||KHL / Avtomobilist||58||1||5||6||0.10||3||60||1.03||1.67%||35||14:15||7|
- Nikita Tryamkin is done for the season as Avtomobilist was eliminated in the playoffs by Ak Bars. In his last two games he was a +0 with 12 PIMs, 3 shots on goal and average around 8 minutes a game. It’s definitely not been a great season for him as he saw regression across the board.
|Curtis Valk||C||1993-02-08||22||Kalamzoo Wings||31||11||19||30||0.97||8||78||2.52||14.10%||12|
|Ludwig Blomstrand||LW||1993-03-08||22||Kalamzoo Wings||40||22||11||33||0.83||-6||123||3.08||17.89%||22|
|Dane Fox||F||1993-10-13||21||Kalamzoo Wings||54||22||11||33||0.61||-5||143||2.65||15.38%||75|
|Jeremie Blain||D||1992-03-19||22||Kalamzoo Wings||33||4||15||19||0.58||2||66||2.00||6.06%||34|
- Ludwig Blomstrand has 3 goals and 1 assist in 3 games, earning a +1, 12 shots on goal and 4 PIMs. He has been trending in the right direction lately.
- Dane Fox scored 1 goal in 3 games with 15 shots on goal and 4 PIMs.
- Jeremie Blain scored 2 assists in his first game back in the ECHL with 2 shots on goal and 2 PIMs.
- Kane LaFranchise is back in the ECHL and has scored 5 assists in 3 games, earning a -2 and 5 shots on net.
- Mitch Holmberg did not play a game this week.
|Joe Cannata||G||1990-01-02||25||Ontario Reign||19||1129||40||2.13||10-6-0-2||502||92.62%||1|
- Joe Cannata has not yet played a game this week back in Ontario.
Join the Canucks Army Facebook Group for Insiderrr access.
- Read Last Week’s Canucks Army Prospect Report
- Read Last Weeks Comets Militia Report.
- Check out Canucks Army’s 2014 Midterm Prospect Ranking
- For all your CHL Fancystats or to check out the Canucks CHL prospects, go to CHLStats.com