The Canucks had a reasonably interesting hockey week, but none of them are threatening to fight fans over Instagram, so in the grand scheme of things it’s been pretty chill.
- The Canucks acquired two players at the trade deadline. Cory Conacher is probably not going to factor as a Canuck at all, but look at him with John Scott’s helmet!
- Here is Sven Baertschi, the other deadline acquisition, enjoying some ice cream. The mascot dog just cannot handle this.
He’s sort of weird
@1auracal I’m sven and I’m from svenland!
— sven baertschi (@SvenBaertschi) November 25, 2011
- Eddie Lack ambushed Ryan Miller with a post-trade deadline selfie and it is basically a mirror image of April Ludgate and Andy Dwyer from Parks and Rec (R.I.P. Parks and Rec). Does this mean that Luongo is Ann Perkins? Please assign more Canucks players to Parks and Rec characters in the comments below.
— judith (@sedinarna) March 2, 2015
- Henrik Sedin wore a microphone on Tuesday night and the highlight comes at 2:26. Bo Horvat congratulates his captain on his 900th career point, to which Henrik responds, “You know what that means? I’m getting old.”
- Magic doesn’t age though, thankfully:
- It is clear that being cheerful is a Lack family trait. Eddie’s mum, Mia, sent Jacob Markstrom a good luck message before his season debut. Jacob did not have any good luck at all, but the sentiment was very nice.
— Mia Läck (@mammamialack) March 3, 2015
- Linden Vey is a total mystery. His favourite app is Snapchat, but he claims to have never taken a selfie. He wears neither boxers nor briefs. He claims that Eddie Lack is simultaneously the best and worst tweeter on the team. He calls Luca “Abercrombie” Sbisa the best dressed Canuck, but Alex “Runway” Edler is still on the team.
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson took Eddie Lack out for dinner and gave him a hat. OEL, tired of dealing with Mike Smith, is probably attempting to woo Eddie to the desert using the power of dessert. Stay vigilant, Eddie.
— Oliver Ekman-Larsson (@OEL_23) March 5, 2015
— Eddie Lack (@eddielack) March 5, 2015
- Zack Kassian is the kind of guy who says “Lets go win a cup !” about an average team and it makes me genuinely want them to go and win a cup. It’s impossible to not be excited about something that Zack Kassian is excited about.
Lets go win a cup !
— zack kassian (@zkassian9) March 2, 2015