Courtesy of Sarah Hobday
We are back with another edition
of the Canucks Weekly Prospect Report where I dig into all the latest stats,
rumours, gossip, news, achievements, and even made up stories from around the
different junior hockey leagues. We look into the play of all (non-AHL) Canucks prospects from the CHL, NCAA, Europe, and
even the ECHL.
Without further ado, continue
past the jump to see what went down!
Canadian Hockey League
|Jared McCann||C||1996-05-31||18||Sault Ste. Marie||52||32||43||75||1.44||24||25||35|
|Miles Liberati||D||1995-06-21||19||North Bay||59||11||24||35||0.59||18||41||15|
|MacKenze Stewart||D||1995-08-10||19||Prince Albert||57||4||6||10||0.18||-5||101||4|
- Cole Cassels skated in 3 games this week scoring 1 goal and 2 assists to earn a +4, he is currently 16th in OHL scoring and earning some scouting love and is building for the future. His murdering skills rival that of Showtime.
- Jared McCann continues to dominate in the OHL with the Soo Greyhounds. This week he played in 2 games and scored 2 goals and 1 assist, and earned a +4 – McCann is now 14th in OHL scoring.
- Showtime Virtanen played in 4 games this week scoring 2 goals and 3 assists, earning 8 PIMs.
- Jordan Subban saw his points/game increase as he scored 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games as he remains first in Belleville scoring (by a 10 point margin) and 8th in OHL Defencemen scoring. While Canucks.com’s prospect coverage wishes it was as good as ours, they try and cover some of the success of Jordan Subban this year.
- Evan McEneny had 1 assist, a -1 and 6 PIMs in 3 games this week.
- Miles Liberati seems to have found a new gear in his scoring, this week he had 2 goals, 1 assist and a +6 in 3 games.
- Kyle Pettit had went -1 and +1 in 2 of his 3 games this week.
- Anton Cederholm scored 2 assists and a +1 in 2 games this week.
- MacKenze Stewart … scored… a goal… this week. He also went -3.
|Patrick McNally||D||1991-12-04||23||ECAC / Harvard||15||4||12||16||1.07||14||40||2.67||10.00%||36|
|Joseph LaBate||F||1993-04-16||21||Big 10 / Wisconsin||30||6||10||16||0.53||-16||79||2.63||7.59%||18|
|Ben Hutton||D||1993-04-20||21||Hockey East / Maine||36||8||11||19||0.53||-14||110||3.06||7.27%||18|
|Matthew Beattie||F||1992-12-14||22||ECAC / Yale||16||0||3||3||0.19||5||18||1.13||0.00%||6|
|Mike Williamson||D||1993-09-05||21||Big 10 / Penn State||12||1||1||2||0.17||0||15||1.25||6.67%||6|
- Patrick McNally has not yet returned to play at Harvard. McNally has not yet ruled out a return to play this season.
- Joseph LaBate is still second in scoring on Wisconsin. This week in 2 games scored 1 assist on 6 shots, 2 PIMs and a -1.
- Ben Hutton played in 2 games, scoring 1 goal on 6 shots, earning 2 PIMs and a -6.
- Matthew Beattie was back in action scoring 1 assist while playing in 1 of the 2 Yale games. He fired one shot on goal and a +1.
- Mike Williamson was also back playing on the ice. He had 1 goal on one shot in 1 games earning a +1.
|Thatcher Demko||G||1995-12-08||19||H-East / Boston College||31||2||1870||68||2.18||18-10-3||851||92.60%|
- Thatcher Demko played in back-to-back games this week showing tenacity by putting up at shutout followed by a 25 of 28 save performance. Demko is back to 16th in NCAA save percentage.
|Nikita Tryamkin||D||1994-08-04||20||KHL / Avtomobilist||58||1||5||6||0.10||3||60||1.03||1.67%||35||14:15||7|
- Tryamkin has finished the regular season and his numbers have not been very impressive, even for a 21 year old. Avtomobilist is now in the playoffs and in 3 playoff games Tryamkin is a +1 with 2 shots on goal and 10 minutes of ice time average.
|Curtis Valk||C||1993-02-08||22||Kalamzoo Wings||31||11||19||30||0.97||8||78||2.52||14.10%||12|
|Ludwig Blomstrand||LW||1993-03-08||21||Kalamzoo Wings||37||19||10||29||0.78||-7||111||3.00||17.12%||18|
|Dane Fox||F||1993-10-13||21||Kalamzoo Wings||51||21||11||32||0.63||-5||97||1.90||21.65%||71|
|Jeremie Blain||D||1992-03-19||22||Kalamzoo Wings||32||4||13||17||0.53||2||64||2.00||6.25%||32|
- Ludwig Blomstrand played in 3 games scoring 3 goals and 11 shots.
- Dane Fox had 2 goals in 4 games with a -2 and 11 shots on goal.
- From our Kwings Insiderrr Sarah Hobday we have another scouting report:
- First time seeing a K-Wings game in 2 months and I can see a noticeable improvement in Fox’s effort and speed.
- Blomstrand was a medical scratch on Friday the 27th. Fox scored a beautiful breakaway goal on Friday. Fox showed off that improved speed in his goal on Sat.
- I continue to see improvement in Blomstrand’s game as he has become a much more well rounded/balanced player. He is not afraid to jump back on defense when needed and looks very strong and comfortable there. Blomstrand really showed off his speed when skating past 2 defencemen to score a gorgeous goal on Sat.
- Fox and Blomstrand are on the top line and on the first power play unit. Again showing great chemistry together since being reunited on the same line.
- Kane Lafranchise arrived in Toledo late Saturday. He played about 28 minutes in the game Sunday. Very strong game and posted 2 assists. Coach called him “silky smooth” in the post-game comments. No goals for Fox or Blomstrand on Sunday but they had some great scoring chances.
- Listen to a recent Benning interview when he discusses the prospects.
Join the Canucks Army Facebook Group for Insiderrr access.
- Vote on McNally and/or Hutton in the NCAA Hobey Baker Award.
- Read Last Week’s Canucks Army Prospect Report
- Read Last Weeks Comets Militia Report.
- Check out Canucks Army’s 2014 Midterm Prospect Ranking
- For all your CHL Fancystats or to check out the Canucks CHL prospects, go to CHLStats.com