Though the new year started with a loss, Canucks fans should be very optimistic about 2015. All three of their participating prospects made it past the group stage of the World Juniors, Tom Sestito is on waivers, and Roberto Luongo is coming back! What more could you ask for?
- Eddie Lack and Roberto Luongo are planning their reunion dinner. Eddie refers to Luongo as an Italian peasant if Google translate is correct. If Urban Dictionary is correct, he’s calling him “homie”. Who knows with Eddie Lack, really?
— Eddie Lack (@eddielack) January 3, 2015
- If you’re sad about being single this holiday season, just know that Chris Tanev understands your pain.
- The Danish junior team made it past the group stage of the WJCs for the first time ever. Jannik Hansen, saucy as ever, had this to say in San Jose:
— Dan Murphy (@sportsnetmurph) December 31, 2014
- Bo Horvat’s reason for wearing the number 53 in honour of the late Ian Jenkins is echoed on Thatcher Demko’s mask. Jenkins’ personal motto, “Have A Purpose” is also embroidered on Demko’s blocker.
- Jake Virtanen admired Markus Naslund growing up and is a Seahawks fan. He’s pretty much Henrik Sedin. Very cool. Also, he’d like to be an air traffic controller if he was not a hockey player. Very random.
- Gustav Forsling was named the Swedish player of the game against Russia. Here he is looking a little uncomfortable but pretty happy. Nice job, Gus.
- Thatcher Demko’s tournament came to an end on Friday, but his play got Canucks fans pretty excited about the team’s future in goal. If they want to get excited about team’s future in weirdness, his dance moves are here for that.