Happy holidays and happy day two of the World Juniors! In honour of the tournament, I’ve tried to round up some fun WJC-themed content for today. ‘Tis the season after all:
the plan today? i’m going to get drunk and then yell at teenagers playing hockey
— stefan (@boring_as_heck) December 26, 2014
- Watch the Canucks reflect upon their world junior experiences:
Chris Higgins totally looked like the deep member of a boyband from the early 2000s:
Yannick Weber totally looked like a 12 year old:
- Bo Horvat could have participated but he was too busy helping out at Sportchek. Bo knows giving back.
- The Canuck’s preview of the tournament is worth a read, especially for the fun similarities between the Canuck prospects in the 2006 tournament and those playing this year.
Thatcher Demko might do a really good impression
of an anteater but I have no idea what an anteater sounds like. Watch the video and make your judgments here.
- Here is Jake Virtanen wooing Connor McDavid.
Maybe if McDavid likes Jake enough, he’ll refuse to play for any team other
than the Canucks. Maybe.
- And here is Virtanen making his nose into a little pig snout. via @HC_men.
- You can’t talk about the World Juniors without mentioning the always popular Spengler Cup. As usual, this year’s Canadian Spengler Cup roster is basically just a
series of answers to the question “Where are they now?” 2011 Presidents Trophy Winner Jeff Tambellini? Jim Vandermeer, who has played for both the Philadelphia and the Kloten Flyers? Ryan Parent, the man who was traded from Philadelphia for the rights to Dan Hamhuis? Marc-Andre “Part of the Kassian Trade”
Gragnani? Byron Ritchie? All here.
- And finally, a nice photo of Eddie Lack with Santa juxtaposed with a frightening photo of Ryan Kesler wearing Ed Hardy and brown pants with what looks like Alex Edler dressed as Santa.