Sometimes when a
team is slumping, there is nothing to do but wait it out and draw up various
potential solutions. This is absolutely not one of those times. The Canucks,
despite their faults, timed this losing streak perfectly. It has been a slumpy, bumpy (and thankfully not mumpy) December for the Canucks, but as the old saying goes, the best cure for a sad hockey fan is a combination of kittens, children, and Eddie Lack eating watermelon.
Read past the jump!
Canucks hosted their annual Superskills event last week. Henrik “father to all”
Sedin shared a friendly fist-bump with Kevin Bieksa’s son, while Alex “friend
to none” Burrows thwarted the kid’s scoring chances.
Hansen, on a team now free of Dale Weise and Mason Raymond, finally won the
Fastest Skater competition. In style, too:
- And now for the most
exciting segment of this post – The Vancouver Canucks And Their Babies!
Here is Henrik Sedin with his little son:
A very large Alex Edler with his very very tiny
Dan Hamhuis with his daughter who so does not wanna be there:
Ryan Miller and team kids Eddie Lack and Bo Horvat:
- Jeff Vinnick’s Superskills gallery is worth checking out, especially for the watermelon fun:
- Also from Vinnick, the photo gallery from the yearly Canucks’ visit to BC Children’s Hospital is filled with good things, such as Zack Kassian chasing a small child with a moose:
- The most accurate one-star Yelp review of Rogers Arena:
- The Canucks and kittens teamed up to spread holiday cheer and the results were wonderful.
The Canucks seemed to embrace the goofy photoshoot, by Ryan Stanton’s cat friend was not totally on board:
- Watch as the Canucks retrieve a lost soccer ball by poking it with a stick and eventually resorting to elevating Derek Dorsett. This is absolutely a trend for this team:
- And finally, as we await the first case of Canuck-mumps, we can sit and try to figure out Who Wore It Better: