Welcome to this week’s edition of Babych, Please! Today we’ll have a look at how the Canucks spent their days at the Sports Celebrities Festival and a recent season ticket holders event, and the eternal goofiness of Kevin Bieksa.
Read past the jump!
- The Canucks took part in the Sports Celebrities festival this week, an event that benefits the Canucks for Kids Fund and Special Olympics BC. The Vancouver Sun shared a photo gallery of the Parade of Athletes, and Shawn Matthias and Josh Low killed it:
- At the Sports Celebrities Festival, Eddie Lack and Ryan Miller posed for this photo in Mario and Luigi hats. Who needs Luongo when you have Ryan Miller dressed as a passable Luigi?
- Poor Dan Hamhuis just wants to talk about his pretzels and House of Cards but that’s not enough for Kevin Bieksa. I’m starting to think that Kevin Bieksa’s main source of energy is the embarrassment of his teammates.
- More of Bieksa’s antics. When the Canucks traded Ryan Kesler, they lost their most notorious interview bomber. When they bought out David Booth, discussions of deer body parts decreased significantly. Kevin Bieksa attempted to make up for these losses by standing behind Chris Higgins and giving him a pair of glove antlers. (gif via jordanschroeders)
- This is actually the second best Kevin Bieksa Glove Moment because nothing will ever top the time he threw that glove at Cal Clutterbuck (gif credit):
- Today, the Canucks hosted a season ticket holder event. Here are some photos that comes with the caption, “THEY are just singing this kiDS JERSEY AND PASSING HIM ALONG THE TABLE” via pyatts. This is both adorable and worrying.
- Meanwhile, Eddie Lack tweeted that he, Nick Bonino and Zack Kassian were playing tic tac toe and hangman. Zack Kassian also appears to have drawn a tree:
- And if you’re into really silly stuff, I give you NHL Starbucks, the blog that answers the question, “What would Logan Couture do if his local Starbucks ran out of chocolate shavings?”