Friend of the blog, Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy, was kind enough to hop by for a chat with me about the current state of affairs for the Vancouver Canucks. In the podcast below we touched on a variety of topics including:
- How much say Jim Benning had on this past draft class
- Why the Canucks felt the need to give Ryan Miller the contract that they did
- How many of the circulating stories about John Tortorella were actually true
- Where the team and Chris Tanev currently are in their negotiations
- How progressive the new braintrust will be in using analytics to help make decisions
UPDATE: A listener – @Roshirai – went through the trouble of transcribing the entirety of the podcast, and that can be found here in case you’d prefer checking that out instead.
Thanks for listening!